No more High setting in music volume?

Thanks, it worked fine.

Plus, different headphones vary wildly in sensitivity.  I listen to my music very quietly in general.  With my very sensitive IEMs the volume setting is almost at the bottom.  My Koss portapros and KSC75s are at around 1/3 of the way up, and my old fostex T-20 are a little over half, all with the volume set to “high”.

If I couldn’t set it to high the Fostex phones wouldn’t even be usable.  The max volume on “normal” is 50%, and a reasonable, but fairly quiet listening level on those phones is about 60%.

Meanwhile, full volume on “normal” would be loud enough to cause hearing damage with my IEMs.

This is really a stupid thing. It would be much better if they warn you when you go over the ‘safe’ volume instead of just making it impossible to increase it, unless you lie about your location!

The volume that was set as maximum is too low to hear the music when you are cycling with hard wind or while listening in an airplane! 

I was about to go back to the shop where I bought it but then I realized that I just did not believe that the maximum volume was really limited by the hardware. Strolling through the manual I read about a volume option which I did not have on my device (I live in the Netherlands) and then I was nerdy enough to check the forum. 

I believe that warning people is ok, but please just allow them to think for themselves! I don’t blame SanDisk though, they just have to follow the rules. 

Overall the player is really nice and cool, and extremely easy to use!!!  

It’s all a response to the EU directive that volume limitation be enacted.  Presumably, especially good for one’s children (until they read the forum and leaarn how to get around it, that is). 

Well, legislators most certainly aren’t engineers.  The sensitivity of IEMs is considerably higher than open earbuds, making the attenuation factor a bit of a problem.  The EU limitation is a matter of product compliance, of course, that all manufacturers must comply with.

I had to play the role of “volume constable” with my daughters, until they saw the light of preserving their hearing.

My hearing is still acceptable as of the last test, but years of blaring sirens overhead, chainsaws, and the helicopter turbines have nibbled at my own ears.

Always set your volume at a comfortable level if you can.  Tinnitus ■■■■■, to put it mildly.  I carry a set of “foamies” in my pocket, and don the big guys whenever the noise level is high.

Bob  :wink:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 08-15-2010 05:50 PM

Thank you very much for the astuce !!!

I was deseperate because I couldn’t hear music on my bicycle…

@maestros001 wrote:

I was deseperate because I couldn’t hear music on my bicycle

I’d prefer to listen for cars coming, myself…:wink:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@maestros001 wrote:

I was deseperate because I couldn’t hear music on my bicycle

_ I’d prefer to listen for cars coming _, myself…:wink:

Indeed . . . otherwise the next sound yoiu hear may be the beep . . . beep . . . beep of the heart rate monitor or the whoosh . . . whoosh . . . whoosh of the respirator in the Intensive Care unit of the hospital. :dizzy_face:

Thaaaanks:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Better to ride with a Cycleaware or similar bicycling mirror.  Be careful when bicycling, as hearing vehicles approach is critical when on the road.  I ride with one ear open (no earbud), switching to stereo when off the road.

The overall volume is critical.  There’s something zen about riding without the normal noises of daily work.  My commute is over 50km through country roads, more fun to listen to Campagnolo than hip-hop.

Well, an occasional listen to BBC NewsPod is nice.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Hay,

Thank you verry much for this tip !

Have a nice day !:manhappy:

Thanks for the answer the first clip+ I got had a battery problem, after 5 days it just died! as this was the second MP3 exchange I ad to do, I was getting a “Bit” angry, I got my replacement clip+, put my SD card in and jumpe on the bus, At this point I nearly through it out the window as at full volume I could not even hear my language courses, an wen I put on some music"the music that comes with it" I had to cover my ears just to hear it! The next day after work, I whent back to the shop as, when I checked in a quiet place; at half volume no sound was even coming out of the clip+, The new clip started giving sound at about 1/3, but still when I got into a bus or in a windy street I could only listen to music at full volume, forget the language courses. Finaly now I will be able to use my Clip+ as I entended! Thank you! As for europeen regulation! If I ever meet the guy who made that law, he better have his runing shoes on, as I usually wear steel toed boots. For those who are wondering, my hearing is more tthan perfect, I will often hear thing other cant. And I use noise isolating earphones.

Thank you so much …it was driving us nuts

How are you able to get sound that is that loud?  

I have the 8 GB Clip Plus, and I can barely hear it, even on HIGH.  In fact, there is no detectable difference between NORMAL and HIGH at all.  I have set it for all different regions, no difference in volume at all, and no way to boost it.

I used to have a Ipod Nano, and these same songs and ebooks were loud and clear through my car stereo without having to max the volume.  Unfortunately, the ipod was stolen, so I opted for this cheaper product, and I cannot hear it in the car even with the car volume on MAX. Nor can I hear it with the earbuds crammed tightly in my ears.

I bought this so that I could listen to audiobooks while commuting 1 hour each way to work…and I also discovered it is not even loud enough to hear when I am exercising on my NordicTrack skier either…   The room must be TOTALLY QUIET or I cannot hear my Sansa!  

How can I fix this?  I hate the idea of returning it…  I want to listen to audiobooks in the car!

Is the headphone jack fully inserted into the Clip?  I know it sounds silly, but sometimes it isn’t, and with a new Clip, it can take an extra firm push/shove–the connector may be tight, originally.

Otherwise, if your headphones are ok (have you tried others?), there may be something wrong with your Clip (or files)–this baby can get ear-shattering loud.  Are you still within the warranty period?  (1 year US/2 years EU.)  In at least the U.S., a call to SanDisk will get you a new player under the warranty, with SanDisk covering the shipping cost.

Is the headphone jack fully inserted into the Clip?  I know it sounds silly, but sometimes it isn’t, and with a new Clip, it can take an extra firm push/shove–the connector may be tight, originally.

Otherwise, if your headphones are ok (have you tried others?), there may be something wrong with your Clip (or files–be sure to try others)–this baby can get ear-shattering loud.  Are you still within the warranty period?  (1 year US/2 years EU.)  In at least the U.S., a call to SanDisk will get you a new player under the warranty, with SanDisk covering the shipping cost both ways.

Hi.

OK I trued this and on my Sansa Clip+ and its made no difference whatsoever and its now all in Chinese so I can’t understand anything…

HELP Please

D

@markhamdarren wrote:

Hi.

OK I trued this and on my Sansa Clip+ and its made no difference whatsoever and its now all in Chinese so I can’t understand anything…

It’s probably quicker and easier to just reinstall the firmware., than trying to navigate the menus in a forgien language.  You’ll have to do that manually if you have the lastest version.  The post will have a link to download it and instructions on how to do it. 

After the clip+ updates itself, it’ll ask you to select a language and region.

How do I increase the volume on my zansa clip+?

@winormj wrote:

How do I increase the volume on my zansa clip+?

The volume control rocker is on the side of the device. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, this little guy puts out plenty of volume by itself. So much so that the EU determined it can be detrimental to your hearing, so they instituted a maximum level. But then, if you read the rest of this thread you already know that and the workaround in case you are affected by it.

The only other way to “pump it up” would be to use a headphone amp. Be careful though, hearing loss happens gradually over the course of several years, and you can never get it back. :wink: