Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
psxgamer
Accepted Solution

No more High setting in music volume?

I just updated my Clip+ firmware to the newest version (01.02.09) and noticed that the volume level is way too low for my Sennheiser’s to produce efficient sound. I also noticed this in the release notes:

“Max volume level is lowered in Normal volume setting to comply with new European Union requirement”

I can’t find the volume setting in anywhere! In my 2Gt Clip it is located in -> settings -> volume -> high, but in my Clip+ there is no such option anywhere! Is this a bug or a feature?
SanDisk Professor
summerlove

Re: No more High setting in music volume?

It's a legal thing.

Use the 'reset factory settings' option in system settings.  For region choose something that isn't Europe.

psxgamer

Problem solved! Thank you!
SanDisk Professor
summerlove

You're welcome :smileyhappy:
VoodooCrow

Thank you very much for that tip :smileyhappy:
Vadim

Thanks for that. What an utterly ridiculous situation.
SanDisk Guru
Miikerman

It's really just the EU trying to protect your hearing.  Personally, I'm fine with doing that myself.  Perhaps it's good for younger kids.
kail

[ Edited ]

Indeed. But, what about us older people (who are already slighly deaf because the EU wasn't their to protect us before!)? I was a bit stumped by the sudden drop of volume following a frimware upgrade. You shouldn't confuse old people like that. Bad EU.:smileywink:

PS Other than the voulme, what's the actual difference between the regions? Thanks.

edit

Message Edited by kail on 06-15-2010 07:25 AM
SanDisk Guru
Miikerman

Actually, that's a very good point, as to those with hearing deficits--the EU pushes the burden of a workaround on them, rather than having a simple switch.

The region setting also may affect the fm radio, although that separately can be handled under the Radio Options menu.  I'm not aware that anything else is impacted.

kail

Thanks Miikerman.