09-19-2015 03:23 AM
I have recently bought a new Sansa Clip+ (I have several). I have been trying to activate it in Audible Manager and keep getting sent around in circles. I choose "Activate device", then I am directed to the Audible.com webpage to put in login & password. When I hit continue I am returned to Audible Manager with a pop-up box again which say "To activate your Sandisk SansaClip+ please press ok", which sends me back to the Audible.com login/password page. It goes around in circles without actually refusing to activate it , but not activating it either.
I have tried:
- AutoDetect, MTP & MSC USB options.
- updated the sansa clip+ firmware to V01.02.18A
- re-formated my Sansa Clip+ device
- deactivated an old sansa device, (in case I havd hit the limit of 3 devices), deactivation successful
- deleted the Audible folder on the device already & tried to re-activate
- updated & re-dowloaded Audible Manager & Audible Download Manager
- changed my computer regional settings to USA (I'm in Australia), so I was redirected to the Audible.com activation page (rather than the Audible.com.au activation page)
- updated my password & login for my audible.com account
What else can I try?
07-02-2017 10:50 PM
Yeah, I went round and round with this too. This probably won't help you years later, but I finally beat it by copying the AudibleActivation.sys file from another working, activated Clip+ and pasting it into the Audible folder on the new Clip+. You need to go into Settings on the Clip+ and change USB mode to MSC to see this file on both devices. Hope this helps someone else.