New Clip+ MP3 tagging issues. "Unknown Artist"

Hi,

My new Sansa Cli+ 4gb is having issues seeing some mp3’s under the artist name that it is tagged under. I have tried editing the tags in itunes (where I copy the files from).

I’ve tried editing the tags using easy tag and mp3tag THEN copying them over but they still appear under the “Unknown” section when scrolling through artists…

Any ideas folks?

What’s the format of the tag? Sounds like your player cannot read these particular ones. In MP3Tag, set the default Write setting to ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1. Open up your problem files (on your computer, not on the player) and re-save them to this format. Now delete the copies on the player and transfer over the newly edited ones.

Tapeworm–  Any reason why the ID3 tags can’t be modified directly on the Clip, by using MP3Tag to open them there?  Am curious as to the need to copy the files to one’s computer, use MP3Tag on them there, and then transfer back to the Clip.

@miikerman wrote:

Tapeworm–  Any reason why the ID3 tags can’t be modified directly on the Clip, by using MP3Tag to open them there?  Am curious as to the need to copy the files to one’s computer, use MP3Tag on them there, and then transfer back to the Clip.

It can be done if they are on the player, assuming that the player is in MSC mode. Of course, the original files on the user’s computer will also need the same treatment.

Cool; thanks.  Just wasn’t sure if there was a glitch as to this.