Need Assistance with m3umaker / Creating Playlists

Hi everyone.

I am using the m3umaker.jar program which was recommended to me by someone on another thread, because my clip doesn’t like Windows Media Player apparently.

Anyway, I have the clip in MSC mode as I was instructed, and put the m3u program into the MUSIC folder.

My problem is that the program does not assign a file extension .m3u to the playlist when I save it.  As a result, no play list shows up in the menu. 

I tried to fix it by assigning the file extension at the time I saved it.  That resulted in the NAME of the playlist showing up, but it shows up as an (empty) playlist with no songs.

I was wondering, since I can’t find any kind of instructions or how-to guide for this program, if someone familiar with it could tell me what I am doing wrong, or why the playlists won’t save right.

Thank you in advance.

Also… If anyone can recommend another possible way to create playlists it would be appreciated.  Windows Media player is a horror to use.  I did highlight all the songs I wanted and right click to create a playlist that way, however that takes an excessively long time given that it’s a 4gig player.  Not an efficient way to make the playlists :frowning:

Thank you again

i am using the same program and yes i have to specify the extension .m3u to the playlist. when you see the lest of music on the left are you adding the songs to the right side? but the m3umaker i am using has the .exe extension and not the .jar extension. you can open the newly created playlist with notepad to see whats in it.

Perhaps I got the wrong m3umaker…Mine is a jar, not an exe.  perhaps that is why it is not working.  I will give it a try, thank you for the input :)  If it works, I’ll mark the thread solved.

@daft_chic wrote:

Perhaps I got the wrong m3umaker…Mine is a jar, not an exe.  perhaps that is why it is not working.  I will give it a try, thank you for the input :)  If it works, I’ll mark the thread solved.

yes you have the wrong one…it is m3umaker.exe for sure and not a .jar file and when you save on your clip you will still need to specify the extension…but it does work.

THANK YOU!

I’m worried I thing I got the wrong m3umaker.Is there an appropriate version for this? :dizzy_face:

Hi.

This is where I got mine:

http://download.cnet.com/M3U-Maker/3000-2141_4-10551643.html

it’s the exe not the jar file, and this download has a .txt file which gives you instructions on how to use it.