My computer won't recognize my Sansa Clip +

My first post here and I have the same problem. Among others…
I have two identical Sansa Clip 4GB. The first one (red) has served me well but the battery is not so good anymore, the clip on the back is broken and it looks a litte scrappy. But I’ts working fine. I have a (Sandisk) 16GB card in it. 

Recently I bought a slightly used black one. It came with a 2GB (Sandisk) memory card (not installed). 

First of all: when any of these card is used in the black player, it hang during startup when the logo is displayed the second time. Resetting will not make any change. 

Without extra memory card it starts up. So I plugged it in to my computer and transferred some songs. No problem. 

But: next time I tried it says “USB-device not recognized”. I get the Connected message on the device and the symbols as well. 

I have tried another computer, other USB-ports (no hub), other cables - nothing works. I have also tried to re-format the unit and reset to default settings. No change.

USB is set to MSC (have tested both and also Auto). 

FW is 1.02.17F - but can not be upgraded since I can’t acces the device.  

I have Windows 10. Device manager says: Unknown USB-device (request descriptor failed). 

I’m running out of options. What is you best shot?