My Sansa 2g Clip wont play

Everything seems fine but when I try to play a song it remains on pause.  I press and press play and it wont start.  Went over to the radio and it works fine.  Back to play a song and no luck.  Anybody have this trouble?

Ive hooked up to a cassette mp3 adapter in my car recently if thats relevant.

Thanks,

Rb

@rugbird wrote:

Everything seems fine but when I try to play a song it remains on pause.  I press and press play and it wont start.  Went over to the radio and it works fine.  Back to play a song and no luck.  Anybody have this trouble?

Ive hooked up to a cassette mp3 adapter in my car recently if thats relevant.

Thanks,

Rb

Just a few things to check:

Assuming the clips radio plays back through the mp3 adapter,   I will skip suggesting to check the jack is fully plugged into the clip (common operating issue sometimes.)

Try advancing to the next song.    Its possible the song you attempted to play has an issue.  advance to a few more songs to make sure its not the song file itself.     click the up button to be sure you don’t have it on pause.     Remember sometimes there is a few second delay between selecting the song and it actually playing, so watch the small display and see if its actually playing the song.

You may also try a soft reset -  Holding the on-switch in the up-most position for 20 seconds (this will turn off the clip).   then release the switch and turn the clip on as normal.   then try playing all.

Double check with earphones to be sure there is a playback issue.

That’s all I can think of,    Good luck,

Niko

Thanks Niko, tried the reset but to no avail.  Now wheres that receipt…

You might also want to try the next two troubleshooting steps:

Manually reinstall the firmware (see firmware post at top of forum) -  its possible the memory of the clip has become corrupted. and reinstalling the firmware may help (it may also update if you have an older firmware)

Format the Clip through its settings menu and reload your music and try again.

Usually these two steps  (Firmware and formatting)  will get the gremlins out of the clip and back to a virginal like new setup.

Good luck,

Message Edited by niko_sama on 02-20-2009 10:32 AM

Well I found the receipt but by the time I went to work and then Best Buy it had disappeared.  They were great anyway.  They said just go get another which I did then I asked for an in-store credit and the lady asked “to upgrade”?  Yes, the 4gb is 49.99, she said just go get one of those then.  But since I had no receipt I had to make up the lowest price (39.99) difference with the 49.99.   So I paid the 10.77 for the 2gb upgrade.  Good deal.  Im jammin as we speak.:smiley:

Thanks for your help Nika.

rb

Awesome :P    I love BestBuy :stuck_out_tongue: