My NEW Sansa Clip 8GB skips audio during play

Hi all!

Yesterday I bought a new Sansa Clip 8GB with FM Radio and today I got trying it. Well, some a big problem showed up: my Sansa skips audio while playing songs, as it happens when a scratched audio cd is reproduced (do you figure it out?).

At first it happened after one minute of playing (on every song) but now it happens from the beginning and the listening is impossible.

I can’t understand what the problem is. The Sansa is NEW.

Firmware version is 02.01.32A

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Giulio.

Problem solved, after upgrading the firmware to latest version although the problem was not the firmware.

The problem is in a desing flaw of the Sansa. The male jack of the earphones must NOT be inserted completely in the female plug because, otherwise, either you don’t hear anything or you ear the Sansa skipping the audio. It’s incredible. The engineer(s) who designed that should be fired instantly.

Never heard that one before.  To the contrary, the issue usually is that the plug has not been fully inserted–it can be tight at first.  Perhaps your plug is defective–you might want to telephone SanDisk about that. 

songohan1976 wrote:

Problem solved, after upgrading the firmware to latest version although the problem was not the firmware.

The problem is in a desing flaw of the Sansa. The male jack of the earphones must NOT be inserted completely in the female plug because, otherwise, either you don’t hear anything or you ear the Sansa skipping the audio. It’s incredible. The engineer(s) who designed that should be fired instantly.

What earphones are you using?

I reply to both. I’m using the default earphones coming with the package and I confirm that the problem is the one reported. Either it be the player flaw or the earphone’s the problem is there and it’s well upsetting :frowning:

can you take a picture of your clip with the head phones connected and post it? i suspect you have not plugged them in all the way. it can be a little tight the first few insertions.  

It’s a defective headphone jack that partially shorts when the plug is fully inserted. Player should be returned for replacement. This was a well known problem on some of the Fuzes and people were shimming the headphone plug out with small washers. It would mostly show up at hi volume or strong bass when the amp is outputting more current. I assume the skipping is the amp going into overload and shutting off, then comes back on. I had not seen it reported on a Clip until now. My 4gb blue Fuze was doing it and I used a thin VCR splitring washer on the plug to solve it. I eliminated it when I installed an 8gb board that has a good jack.

Dear 14124all,

you depicted perfectly what the problem is. And your diagnosis is somewhat I had thought too. In fact, when the plug is fully inserted either you don’t hear anything or the sound starts skipping after few seconds (it was after one minute at the beginning).

But the problem is the player’s plug or the earphone’s jack?

How can I solve the problem? Should I return the player? It’s a gift to my girlfriend who is from Malta (I’m from Rome) and since she’s been waiting for this player for very long I would not like to return it since she’s coming in few days and I have bought it two days ago… Can I solve by simply using another set of earphones

Thank you :slight_smile:

Giulio.

Message Edited by songohan1976 on 03-20-2010 10:34 AM