Music Folder Naming Problem

Here’s a couple of things I’ve learned through trial-and-error about creating music folders on my Clip+.  I am talking about folders within in the Music folder.   (BTW, I am using Windows XP.  I don’t know if the following applies to any other OS.)

First, if a folder is empty, the Clip+ will not display the folder name on the OLED at all.  It’s as if the folder didn’t exist.

When it comes to creating a new folder, if you create a new folder \ *directly within the Music folder and rename it (“Stones”, for example), Windows will show the folder name “Stones”, but the Clip+ will display the folder name as “New Folder”.  (On the Clip+, the path to the folder is " Music > Folders > MTP > Music > Stones" even though the Clip+ shows the folder name as “New Folder”.) 

(By “_ directly within _”, I mean you have the Music folder open in Windows (My Computer\Sansa Clip+ 4GB\Internal Memory\Music), then you create a new folder either using the File menu or by right-clicking and selecting “New Folder”.)

On the other hand, if you create and name the new folder on your computer and then move that folder to the Clip+, then the Clip+ OLED will display the actual folder name “Stones” (assuming the folder is not empty, as mentioned above).  OR , if you create and name the new folder within the player’s “root menu” (see image below) and then move it to the Music folder, the player will display the folder’s name as “Stones” (again, assuming the folder is not empty).

"root menu"

At least that has worked for me.