Merged MP3 file causes Clip to reboot

I used “mp3merge” a few times in the past. Seemed to work OK for me to construct an mp3 file that was about 1 hour long.

I used ~18 mp3 files encoded at 192 kbps (using my Clip Sport).  I can guess it is not good to merge mp3 files with different compression settings.

I can also guess the Sansa players cannot handle mp3 files that are longer than ~2 hours ??

ALSO, the Help instructions inside “mp3merge” describe the add-on utility “iTunesEncoder” to convert mp3 into M4B files (iTunes book files).  I can guess the Sansa players may choke when asked to play that type of file. AND maybe the Sansa will choke when attempting to add M4B files into the Music or Audiobooks or Podcasts databases.  (May need to delete those from your player & SD card.)

My current best advice (?), is try merging a few (3?) known working mp3 files into a larger mp3 file. Then check the ID3 tag data. Then try to get this test file working on your Sansa. Then proceed making larger merged files from there. Maybe report back here with your discoveries?