I KEEP GETTING "THE REQUESTED RESOURCE IS IN USE" AS AN ERROR MESSAGE.

I CANNOT COPY AND PASTE OR DRAG AND DROP. PLEASE HELP! i’VE OWNED AT LEAST 4, MAYBE 5 CLIPS. THEY HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL AND I’VE TOUTED YOUR COMPANY NAME TO AS MANY AS I COULD. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I’VE EVER SEEN ANY ERROR MESSAGE. THANKS IN ADVANCE AND PLEASE FORGIVE THE ALL CAPS - NEW KEYBOARD AND STILL GETTING USED TO IT.      

NOHOOO WHO LIVES IN NoHo or North Hollywood, CA.; USA

Can’t find the CAPS LOCK key? :confounded:

It’s the one that says (surprisingly) CAPS LOCK.

Try MTP mode. Hopefully that will do the trick.

You chose not to offer any help with the problem at hand, but rather to criticize. You must be a lot of fun to be around. With any luck, we’ll never communicate again.

Sorry, but can you explain how to “use MTP mode”?  I am also plagued with this problem and it is only on my PC.  Thanks for any help!

Just to let you guys know, using MTP mode works here. This should be the default. 

On the unit: Settings/System Settings/USB Mode/MTP

Hello All

Thanks for the tip on the MTP to fix  Error Code: “0x800700AA - The requested resource is in use.”

My settings were already on MTP but I will let you know if this works.  Of course, I’ve had this player for years and love it.

I am considering another device if I can’t access my files.  (Although was able to listen to them but just can’t save them to my pc.  If you have any other ideas please let me know.

Thanks

The Other Butler.