I Contacted Rapsody Tech Support about my Free 30 day music download Trial for feedback

I contacted Sansa Clip Support to confirm that my 1G Sansa Clip music that I downloaded during the Free 30 day Trial

would not play and the Message on the clip screen  kept saying  “YOUR SUBSCRIPTION HAS EXPIRED CONNECT”

and  “SYNCRONIZE TO CONTINUE YOUR MUSIC SUBSCRIPTION”.

None of music that I downloaded onto my Sansa 1G Clip will play on the clip, they will play on my laptop when I plug the Clip

into it so the songs are not  corrupted.

IN A NUT SHELL HERE IS WHAT RAPSODY SUPPORT TOLD ME AND SANSA CLIP SUPPORT CONFIRMED

Music that was downloaded to my clip during the 30 day free Trial Period from Rapsody will expire

because of the temporary license only has about a 30 life span.

In order to listen to those songs  I need a Subscription and a new license from Rapsody that will cost 

$14.99 per month, and I must re-synce my clip every month with Rapsody to keep the license current. 

Any music that I copy from a CD to the clip will play, the assumption here is that I “Own the Cd”.

I  hope this helps…Ron   

That is how Rhapsody works. Does this surprise you? If this were not the case, people would join for one month, download a huge number of songs, then quit. There are two ways to buy music on the net. Subscription(like Rhapsody where you must pay each month to keep the song licenses current) or buying the music a song at a time.

No it dosen’t surprise me, but like anything that you purchase I would have liked to known that

“Any song downloaded via Rapsody will only have a 30-day life span”. I like the trial period but.

Hmm, I was considering signing up for a trial, I listen to audiobooks on my clip. With a 30 expiration, that kinda limits the selection.

Message Edited by rwcohen on 12-25-2008 12:45 PM