Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SanDisk User
Stepk
Accepted Solution

How to replace broken clip on Clip+?

I use Clip+ at gym. Simply, I clip the player on my shorts. No desire to use armband. Recently, The spring that holds the clip broke. I had an instant chat with Sansa. They confirmed that broken clip on the player is not replaceable. 

Are there similiar items out there that I can glue to the player?

Sansa recommended armband for clip. I hate to spend 17 bucks plus S&H. 

SanDisk Guru
Miikerman

Re: How to replace broken clip on Clip+?

I would doublecheck the warranty to see if it excludes the clip.  If not and if yours did not break from misuse, I would contact SanDisk again and note the warranty (if it applies, here).

SanDisk Fanatic
14124all

Head to a dollar store and get a small tape measure or windup keychain that has a small plastic or steel belt clip on it (or any other cheap device with a belt clip that can be removed). Remove the needed belt clip from that device. Use a nail file or nail board and smooth down the broken off area on the Clip+ to create a flat surface. Glue the replacement clip on. A bit of work, but this should fix it!
8GB Blue FUZE w/The Original DIY Lineout Cable and AT Button H-Phones Fitted To AT WM5 Headband:All Custom Built
grumbel

My solution to a broken clip (which seems to break off pretty easily) was to simply tape a new one onto the thing:

http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/md5/33b0c9f16e57fe311733b8e8382b8a17-sansa_clip+-fix1.jpg
http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/md5/3c0ba17cc7369acdb546e4254431746f-sansa_clip+-fix2.jpg

Not the prettiest solution, but works suprisingly well.
The metal clip I used  came from a name badge.

SanDisk Guru
Miikerman

Actually, surprisingly not horrid!   :smileywink:
SanDisk User
Stepk

Has anyone tried magnets with Clip? This is what I am thinking. assuming no interference with the player!

Two flat magnets smaller than a quarter. Glue one to the back of the player. Then hold the player against gym shorts or t-shirt sleeve, then attach the second magnet from the other side of the fabric. In theory, it should work. 

What I am not sure is whether or not the magnet will distort the sound, or damage the player!

Any thoughts?

SanDisk Guru
Miikerman

Clever idea!  Although I still might be concerned about the Clip becoming undone if you brush against something, moreso than with a clip.
SanDisk User
Stepk

14124all's suggestion is great. It worked for me. I used a small clamp after protecting the Clip with a towel.  I used  a gorilla glue and waited 2-3 hours.

It looks great and it is much sturdier than the original clip. 

Philogic

Hey guys.  New to this forum, and don't want to ruffle any feathers, but there are some decent generic clips out there.  I'm all for rigging my own stuff whenever necessary; but if there's a cheap solution that somebody else already makes -- that suits my needs, even better.

Here's a link for a clip that I've used on a couple of cell phones:

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/unbecl.html

Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done.

Good luck,

Phil

Philogic

Here's another:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001B0SB54/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

I searched the part # to find it & posted the first hit I got -- I'm sure you can find the same thing (or similar) for less.  I bought mine at Ocean State Job Lot for $1 a few years ago, to use on a cordless phone handset.  It's a 2-pack of plain black plastic clips that attach with double-sided tape.  It's a little longer than the Sansa Clip, but it's just a piece of plastic (cut at your own discretion).  I used 1 of the 2-pack, and the other is still in the package (that's where I got the info to search).  The clip itself is marked "The Clip Co.", but the package says Southwestern Bell S60179.

Personally, I think the other link I posted is a better option -- and should be available locally at a Walmart, Target, dollar store, etc.  That one is a plastic button that gets attached to the device (your Clip) with double-sided tape, and the button clips into the belt clip (sturdy, quick-release, swivel, and easy to get on & off whatever you feel like clipping it to).  The one I got also came with a separate piece that I stuck on my dashboard, so I can hang my phone there instead of on the belt clip while I'm driving.

Hope this helps.

Btw, great job with the homemade!!  I like it!!