How is your Sansa Clip battery life?

@cllipman wrote:

>> Silver wins lasting an hour longer than the Black 8GR2 *
    I don’t understand why???  I’m going to retest again<<

I think the problem is that there is a quality control issue in the manufacturing of the batteries. You could compare several Clips of the same capacities and colors, and still get wildly different results between them. i.e. there are some 2GB red Clips that play 11 hours…and some that will play for 15 hours…and some that lose charge when not even playing.

The batteries are the weak links in the Clips. You just happen to be seeing the difference between two Clips of different capacities and different colors…but you’d still likely experience those differences even if you were testing two identical Clips. They all have the same battery…and it’s just the luck of the draw as to whether any Clip has a good, mediocre or bad battery.

Yes,  I agree there is battery capacity variations.    They are  probably all within an acceptable power range.   

What I don’t understand about the tests is, the Rev 2 black clip was consistantly averaging  longer play times for both ogg and mp3 formatted files.   I did many and the variance was consistant with these two formats.    But on the Flac encoded files,  it was reversed and an unexpected result.     This makes me suspect that the firmware on the Rev 1 clips are clocked at a slower rate for Flac encoding than the Rev 2 clips.    It’s just suspect,  I hope someone at sansa notices this, and checks.   :slight_smile: