How do you know when battery is fully charged?

How do you know when battery is fully charged on my Clip & Clip +?

I don’t want to OVERCHARGE

Rick4q

You won’t overcharge:  the Clips have an overcharge protection circuit.

But you can check the amount of the charge left by looking at the Clip’s battery icon on the display:  if it is full, 2/3rds full, 1/2 full, etc.  You can also look under the Info screen (under the settings) to see the amount of battery charge left. 

Thanks for the correct information.

This is the reply I received from a SanDisk Tech Rep.

Thanks for emailing SanDisk Technical Support. It is our goal to make sure you have all the resources you need to get the most from your product.

I understand that you don’t want to over charge the battery of your sansa players. I would like to inform you that when the battery is fully charged it will show you a message “charge complete”.

I knew he was wrong because I have been charging 36 Hours & no “Charge Complete” message yet.

Thanks Rick 4q

Continuously charging for 36 hours?  Yeah, there’s no message, just the battery animation stops when it’s charged.  Unplug and check Settings> System settings > Info and scroll down to see the % battery charge. 

@rick4q wrote:

I understand that you don’t want to over charge the battery of your sansa players. I would like to inform you that when the battery is fully charged it will show you a message “charge complete”.

I knew he was wrong because I have been charging 36 Hours & no “Charge Complete” message yet.

Thanks Rick 4q

1.) The “Support” person needs to go through some more training. There is no (nor never has been) a “Charge Complete” message.

1. 36 hours? :dizzy_face: it only takes 3-4 hours MAX for a full charge. Many times even less.

@rick4q wrote:

Thanks Rick 4q

1.) The “Support” person obviously needs to go through some more training. There is no (nor never has been) a “Charge Complete” message.

1. _ 36 hours?  _       It only takes 3-4 hours MAX for a full charge. Many times even less.

Thanks everyone,

I was wondering the same thing.

The little icon that comes up on the bottom of screen when the sansa clip+ is plugged in to computer says power is "extremly low (0%), and it says the same thng in the Sansa updater window.

I followed your instructions and checked the info screen of the the Sansa unit itself, and it shows 100%.

duh! to Sandisk.

Thanks to all who contributed.

I think WE THE PEOPLE would be lost if we left it up to the manufactuers. We need each other.

Live long and prosper.

danny