Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Thumper

Re: Formatting Sansa Clip Plus

How long should a format take on a 4GB model?

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

[ Edited ]

Thumper wrote:

How long should a format take on a 4GB model?

Less time than it took you to post the question. :smileytongue:

mscir

My 8GB Clip+ was missing over 3 GB after it froze following a recharge - right after disconnecting the USB cable.

Using the menu to format it fixed the problem.

Thanks!

grams

After reformatting my Clip+ the audio books I have checked out from the library won't transfer to my clip+. 

The message "The license does not exist or is expired".

It must think my Clip+ is not the same.

Any suggestions?

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

[ Edited ]

Probably have to change the USB connection mode or re-authorize the device with Overdrive or whatever software your library uses.

933727B

computer does not recognize will not charge full

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

933727B wrote:

computer does not recognize will not charge full

1.  Off-topic for this thread.
  2.  Try a different USB port.
  3.  Try a different cable/cord.
  4.  Start a new thread with more details for help.
SanDisk Fanatic
dave61430

While formatting via settings is the easiest and probably preferred method, I've never had a problem formatting via windows, selecting fat32. I've never tried fat and wouldn't with any device with this capacity.

paulas

after reading this thread, i am hesitant to reformat my sansa  clip for fear that it will not accept library books or work easily with overdrive anymore.  (i am reformating because the device claims the internal memory is full even though i deleted all files via the computer connection)

should i be concerned that the device's compatibility with overdrive and library downloads will be compromised?

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

paulas wrote:

after reading this thread, i am hesitant to reformat my sansa  clip for fear that it will not accept library books or work easily with overdrive anymore.  (i am reformating because the device claims the internal memory is full even though i deleted all files via the computer connection)

should i be concerned that the device's compatibility with overdrive and library downloads will be compromised?

No. You probably got the "Not enough space for music DB . . ." message which surprisingly enough, doesn't usually mean the device is full, but rather the FAT is corrupted requiring a re-format. Note that after formatting it in Windows, I would re-format it again using the on-board Format option to optimize the memory clusters to the way the player likes them.