External Memory

Hello, 

I got a 16GB cardSD micro for my Clip+8gb and some files (artists, Album, etc) have random numbers/letters written to them in the file name after I use Windows explorer to transfer songs.  ie  2E70000000 then the file name.  In windows these random numbers/letters don’t show up.  I have tried deleting and transferring and ripping the songs again from the CD. 

JD 

This sometimes happens with the USB mode set to MTP or Auto.  If you set to MSC, the issue should disappear.  (Note, however:  if you have DRM’ed files, you likely will need to keep and use MTP mode.) 

In that mode, is there a way to create playlists using Windows Explorer.  DId use the MSC mode and it did fix the file names, but can’t find an option to create a play list.  If there is another way to create the list I am all ears.

Thanks,

JD

@max007 wrote:

In that mode, is there a way to create playlists using Windows Explorer.  DId use the MSC mode and it did fix the file names, but can’t find an option to create a play list.  If there is another way to create the list I am all ears.

Not through Windows Explorer but yes, there are many MSC playlist creation alternatives:

YAPL

Winamp

Media Monkey

Video4fuze

Playlist Creator

and a host of others. :wink:

Thanks Tapeworm