Example Playlist

Could someone post a working playlist please?

I have tried in Winamp and WMP, I am on XP so the WMP may be incorrect? I never use it, fired it up with selection and ‘add to playlist’ and all I got when opened in Textpad was what looked like XML, the M3U from Winamp just comes up empty when selected on the Clip player, never had a problem with playlists before so a bit clueless.

If someone could post a working example I could work from I can write them myself, there were other posts on here that I found in a search on playlists but the examples given do not work, I presume directory structure? I have artist / album / file as I have many hundreds of files, it’s easier to use that structure.

Thanks

Darkspire

This may help if you have Winamp:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Fuze/Adding-Playlists/m-p/55917#M40804

It’s posted in the Fuze board, but it works the same for all SanDisk players.

I use the free alternative firmware Rockbox on my Clip+. Rockbox makes it easy to compose playlists on the player. Before I started using using Rockbox, I didn’t use playlists(other than the go list). Besides great playlist support, Rockbox has many other features. If you are serious about using playlists, look into Rockbox. Rockbox.org

The post for the Winamp is very long winded, you only need to right click on a folder on the clip, select play in winamp from the context menu and then s_ave the playlist to the Clip_, that is what I tried in the first place, it does not work, the playlist comes up as empty on the player.

I will have a look at Rockbox, had a look at the manual and it seems a more viable option although firmware upgrades I tend to avoid normally.

Thanks

Darkspire

Fixed.

I was right in the directory structure being the problem.

A. Open the Clip as you would a thumb drive in Windows.

B.Open the Music folder, right click on a folder with music in and select ‘play / enqueue in Winamp’

C. Select the Winamp Playlist window, press ctrl+a, all files are now selected, _ save the playlist to the root of the Clip. _

D. Fire the Clip up and select the playlist, all entries present and you now have a working playlist.

Thanks again for the help.

Darkspire

@darkspire wrote:

B.Open the Music folder, right click on a folder with music in and select ‘play / enqueue in Winamp’

C. Select the Winamp Playlist window, press ctrl+a, all files are now selected, _ save the playlist to the root of the Clip. _

If all you want to do is play a folder there’s no need to make a playlist. Simply go to FOLDERS in the Clip’s menu and play. You’re goin’ the long way 'round the barn to get to the same place.

I was using that as a base example, for example, I have all the Hinder albums, I want all the albums but the new one added to a playlist, I can enqueue individual files for the gym and hiking playlists etc, in the above example, if I use the folder option I can only play the one folder which has all the Hinder albums in.