Easy way to do playlist without Windows Media Player

I found an easy way to do the playlist (at least if you have Windows8, not sure about lower versions)…

I had organized my music the way I liked it, and was very upset when I tried to create a playlist as recommended through WMP to find WMP ripped out my organization and organized things in a way I disliked ALOT…

So I asked CS if I could do a playlist without WMP… They gave me instructions to create one through a text file by hand entering all the files (Yeah Right)… 

So I went surfing the net to find out how to create a directory list into a text file… I got a few but most were at the DOS command and I was unsure how to navigate to the sandisk players folders as it didn’t have a letter drive…

Then I found one I thought would work, and started to go through the steps and found to my delight that although I didn’t see an option to create a directory list, I was offered an option to create a playlist… It worked… And it was simple !..  I thought I would pass it on to others who dislike WMP as much as I did.

1. Move to the music directory on your sandisk.
  2. Either select all the songs you want in your playlist by selecting the songs holding the <ctrl> button, or if you have grouped your playlist songs into a folder, enter the folder and hit <ctrl>A to select all the songs.
  3. Hit <shift> + right click… In the option list choose the option “Create a playlist”
  4. “New playlist.pla” will be created at the bottom of the folder, rename the file to what is meaningful, leaving the extension “.pla”
  5. You are done the new playlist will now show up when you display playlists on your sansa player.