Deleting "write-protected" folders?

I accidently copied some folders onto my Clip+ that contain m4a files, which is not supported. They do not show up at all in the Clip+ format (under either folder browsing or the music menu), but are visible only in Windows Explorer when my Clip+ is connected via the USB cable.

My problem is that I am not able to delete them using Windows Explorer because when I try to do so, I get this message, “Cannot delete [File Name]: The storage is write-protected. Remove the writ-protection and try again.”

But when I  right click on the folder, there is nothing that I am able to change.

How do I remove the “write-protection” and delete the folder from my Clip+?

Please note that the original folder on my hard drive is NOT write protected and I am able to delete it at will. All I did was copy and paste this over to the Clip+…

If it matters, these folders are in the internal memory (not on a chip.)

I’m not sure what might be going on, but a reformat under the Clip’s settings will, I think/assume, delete the folders (along with all other content). 

I have the same problem.  I can delete mp3s from my sansa fuze, but I cannot delete the folders because they are write protected.  When I look at the folders’ properties, the “read only” box is grayed out, thus preventing me from changing the property.  This causes difficulty in managing and organizing my files.

Please refer to my previous comment drectly above yours. 

You can delete locked files with Unlocker, great program and will save you formatting device although if you get alot of protected files then maybe a format will be a good idea.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_unlocker/

i was downloading files onto my new usb drive when all of a sudden the files became write protected. I wanted to delete some of the files but cannot. how do I eliminate the write protection

@mcarosielli wrote:

i was downloading files onto my new usb drive when all of a sudden the files became write protected. I wanted to delete some of the files but cannot. how do I eliminate the write protection

To delete, read the various posts directly above yours. 

sir my sun disk 4 gb pen drive is not formate…

it’s showes the “the disk is write protected”

please give the soluction…

"in my case i’m format the pen drive in locked mode "

“before formatting is not remove the SanDiskSecureAccess”

and that it’s formatted and after again formatting it.s not farmatted its shows the “the disk is write protected”

please help me…

how to format my 4gb pen drive…

Pl delete my pen drive Wright protected

Unlocker program did not work for me and I could not face a re-format. However I did this and it worked for me !

• go to “Settings” on the player

• go to “USB mode”

• set it on “MSC” - i.e. put the * next to the one you want (I had it on MTP but I’ve also read that Auto Detect causes problems)

I could then delete easily on the PC - easy, shame that they did not state it here or in the manual ! 

Changing the MTC / MSC didnt work for me at all (I tried both). What DID work for me was just to leave it on Auto Mode then navigate to and open the folder in question (via USB on the PC), and delete all the files WITHIN the folder first.

Lets say I had a folder for artist “Big Money”.  I opened the “Big Money” folder, deleted all the files in it. Then I could go back and delete the “Big Money” folder. Not sure why the music (& photo, nfo, etc) files within the folder would keep me from deleting the main folder, but doing this worked. 

Hope this helps somebody…