SanDisk User

Re: Clip+ won't open using Windows 7

[ Edited ]

The software MTP Porting Kit is not needed. If you have firewall software installed on the PC, check it's setting to ensure it's not blocking access to USB drives. Check to see if there is some kind of third party USB Manager software installed, if so try disabling it or uninstalling it. My Sansa Clip+ was recognized by my Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium right out of the box, no need for extra software or drivers.  

Are you guys using the orginal USB cable that came with the Sana Clip or a differnet USB cable? Perhaps its the USB cable that is causing the issue, try the original USB cable that came with the Clip.

Using the USB for the Clip worked.  I was using my blackberry USB because it is longer and worked fine with my Clip on my old computer but will not for this one.  

SanDisk Fanatic

Look 8814princess, nobody questions that both you and the op are having problems, but millions of others have no problem with getting clip devices to work, so labelling the device as crap is hardly appropriate. By all means go buy something else, good luck.

As far as the op is concerned, there is something amiss with his laptop, and that something is difficult to pinpoint via a news group.

SanDisk User

I'm no expert with W7, but with my Dell Inspiron the USB ports did not function correctly until I installed the driver from Dell.  I still get some goofy "installing software" notice when I plug any USB device into it.  In any case W7 worked with my clip at least in MSC mode.  I was able to copy and paste files and play some mp3s from it. 

Mine won't load either, and I have used all of the suggestions.

Would any of you have the Samsung software KIES or HTC sync or a similar program installed on the pc where the player is not detected? If so, disable to processes of the software in task manager and try the clip again.

I've attempted all the suggestions and my Windows 7 will not recognize my Sansa Clip Player.  I don't know what else to try.  My computer says the device drivers are updated and it recognizes the device in device manager on my computer.  It does have a yellow exclamation point though.  This is so discouraging as this was not a cheap player!  I hate to just pitch it.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Can you uninstall the driver (right click and choose uninstall) under Device Manager and then re-connect, forcing a driver reinstall?