SanDisk Guru

Re: Clip player died

And by any chance, are you within the Clip's 1-year (U.S.)/2-year (EU) warranty period?

Tapeworm, you are truly the SanDisk Guru. Holding the power button on, and a split-second later pressing & holding the home/menu button has worked for me.  Had the suit and black tie all ready for the funeral!

Tapeworm wrote:

OK, here's one last thing to try before scheduling the funeral. Hold the power button on, and a split-second later (or maybe at the same time), press & hold the home/menu button. It's been known to work before.

After re-setting the device over and over again, last night it started working.  I just finished updating it to the latest firmware.  Hopefully it'll continue to work now.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

SanDisk Guru

avjunkie wrote:

Tapeworm wrote:

OK, here's one last thing to try before scheduling the funeral. Hold the power button on, and a split-second later (or maybe at the same time), press & hold the home/menu button. It's been known to work before.

After re-setting the device over and over again, last night it started working.  I just finished updating it to the latest firmware.  Hopefully it'll continue to work now.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Well, there's certainly something to be said for the "ignore-it-for-a-while-and-it-will-start-to-work-again" approach. It's happened before.

Tapeworm wrote:

Well, there's certainly something to be said for the "ignore-it-for-a-while-and-it-will-start-to-work-again" approach. It's happened before.

Unfortunately it has stopped working again.  It looks like I'll have to send it in to Sandisk.

SanDisk Guru

avjunkie wrote:

Unfortunately it has stopped working again.  It looks like I'll have to send it in to Sandisk.

Sorry to hear that.

Smiley Sad

Work fine last night, took it with me to listen to podcasts in the car and it just was dead. Tried all suggestions nothing works. Strange, no physical damage, perhaps caused by static electrity. I really liked it and would have bought another one, but considering it might again fail suddenly...hmm

And suddenly yesterday, it powered on, what gives?

SanDisk Guru

Don't look a gifthorse in the mouth.  These things happen.

Smiley Happy

SanDisk Guru