Clip player died

Help my sansa clip player just quit playing.It was fully charged.I plugged into my P.C.Nothing comes up on P.C screen or player.

Any ideas?    

Thanks

Will your player still play?  If so, try other USB cables/ports.  You also can turn the Clip off, put the Clip on hold, and then connect while holding the center button down.

If not, did you try a reset (on the original Clip, hold the power switch uppermost for 15-20 seconds or more; on the Clip+, hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds)?

@mjpiche wrote:

Help my sansa clip player just quit playing.It was fully charged.I plugged into my P.C.Nothing comes up on P.C screen or player.

Any ideas?    

Thanks

@miikerman wrote:

. . . try a reset (on the original Clip, hold the power switch uppermost for 15-20 seconds or more; on the Clip+, hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds)?

This should be the 1st thing to try whenever one of these things acts out of the ‘norm’. :wink:

Adding to the thread b/c mine just died in the same exact way (4gb, 02.01.35). I held the power button on for 1+ minute, and at first it didn’t seem to work, but then after that it turned on normally again. Just wanted to confirm that “fix.”

My Clip+ just died in the same fashion.  It’s been working fine since I bought it in November and all of a sudden nothing works.  I’ve tried multiple times to reset it by holding the power button but nothing happens.  It looks like it’s dead.

Did you try holding the power button down for 20-30-60 seconds or more?

Will the player start if you plug it into your computer?  Will the player start if you plug it into your computer while holding the center button down?

hi, when I turn on my clip,a notice appears that only says NOT ENOGH SPACE FOR MUSIC DB. PLEASE FREE 30 MG. And it’s all it says.I tried to reset but nothing hapens.and when I plug to PC it automatic turns on but  nothing appears in the PC. Any help?

@tundra2007 wrote:

hi, when I turn on my clip,a notice appears that only says NOT ENOGH SPACE FOR MUSIC DB. PLEASE FREE 30 MG. And it’s all it says.I tried to reset but nothing hapens.and when I plug to PC it automatic turns on but  nothing appears in the PC. Any help?

You have corrupted files. Run ChkDsk (Error-Checking) or format your player and re-load your music.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=true&filter=openResponse&q=NOT+ENOUGH+SPACE+FOR+MUSIC+DB&search_page_size=10&search_type=thread

Miikerman wrote:

Yes, multiple times.  I’ve held down the power button for over 60 seconds.

Will the player start if you plug it into your computer?  Will the player start if you plug it into your computer while holding the center button down?

No.  No.

I’ve tried everything that you mentioned but nothing works.  I’m pretty sure that it’s dead.

@avjunkie wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

Yes, multiple times.  I’ve held down the power button for over 60 seconds.

No.  No.

I’ve tried everything that you mentioned but nothing works.  I’m pretty sure that it’s dead.

OK, here’s one last thing to try before scheduling the funeral. Hold the power button on, and a split-second later (or maybe at the same time), press & hold the home/menu button. It’s been known to work before.

1 Like

And by any chance, are you within the Clip’s 1-year (U.S.)/2-year (EU) warranty period?

Tapeworm, you are truly the SanDisk Guru. Holding the power button on, and a split-second later pressing & holding the home/menu button has worked for me.  Had the suit and black tie all ready for the funeral!

@tapeworm wrote:

OK, here’s one last thing to try before scheduling the funeral. Hold the power button on, and a split-second later (or maybe at the same time), press & hold the home/menu button. It’s been known to work before.

After re-setting the device over and over again, last night it started working.  I just finished updating it to the latest firmware.  Hopefully it’ll continue to work now.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

@avjunkie wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

After re-setting the device over and over again, last night it started working.  I just finished updating it to the latest firmware.  Hopefully it’ll continue to work now.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Well, there’s certainly something to be said for the “ignore-it-for-a-while-and-it-will-start-to-work-again” approach. It’s happened before.

@tapeworm wrote:

Well, there’s certainly something to be said for the “ignore-it-for-a-while-and-it-will-start-to-work-again” approach. It’s happened before.

Unfortunately it has stopped working again.  It looks like I’ll have to send it in to Sandisk.

@avjunkie wrote:

Unfortunately it has stopped working again.  It looks like I’ll have to send it in to Sandisk.

Sorry to hear that.

:cry:

Work fine last night, took it with me to listen to podcasts in the car and it just was dead. Tried all suggestions nothing works. Strange, no physical damage, perhaps caused by static electrity. I really liked it and would have bought another one, but considering it might again fail suddenly…hmm

And suddenly yesterday, it powered on, what gives?

Don’t look a gifthorse in the mouth.  These things happen.

:slight_smile: