Clip+ now being sold by and available at Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb\_ss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sansa+clip%2B&x=13&y=27

4gb and 8gb varieties; all colors.

(And save a few dollars on the price; plus free shipping and no tax for many.)

Message Edited by Miikerman on 09-10-2009 07:07 PM

I hope amazon.co.uk follow suit!!

@miikerman wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb\_ss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sansa+clip%2B&x=13&y=27

4gb and 8gb varieties; all colors.

(And save a few dollars on the price; plus free shipping and no tax for many.)

Message Edited by Miikerman on 09-10-2009 07:07 PM

The 8GB model of the Clip+ is exactly the same price at Amazon that the Sansa store is selling it.  Yeah, you can get free shipping if you can wait.  I deal with Amazon on a daily basis and I know their little tricks.  If you select free shipping they delay processing 3 days and then after the parcel is ready for shipping, they let it sit on the dock for an additional 2 days before it even leaves their facility.  If you can wait that long…great.   

I got my Clip+ from the Sansa store in record time.  From the time I placed the order until it was at my doorstep was 2 days… and that was with normal shipping.  Until the price drops substantially, I see no benefit from going with Amazon right now…

I guess you must be getting different pricing at Amazon.com from me.  When I go to Amazon, the three capacities are $1, $2 and $4 less expensive at Amazon.com.  Plus free shipping and no tax (shipping shows at $6 for me at SanDisk’s store). 

I guess I’m lucky, as I don’t have the shipping issues/delays you’ve been having at Amazon.  I get many free shipping items in 2-3 days, and everything I’ve ordered in under about a week (the same amount of time it’s taken SanDisk to deliver to me–understandable, as it’s across the country from me).

@miikerman wrote:

I guess you must be getting different pricing at Amazon.com from me.  When I go to Amazon, the three capacities are $1, $2 and $4 less expensive at Amazon.com.  Plus free shipping and no tax (shipping shows at $6 for me at SanDisk’s store). 

I guess I’m lucky, as I don’t have the shipping issues/delays you’ve been having at Amazon.  I get many free shipping items in 2-3 days, and everything I’ve ordered in under about a week (the same amount of time it’s taken SanDisk to deliver to me–understandable, as it’s across the country from me).

Take it from someone who orders $10-$20, 000 a year from Amazon.  When all goes well, they are great…when something goes wrong, they are horrid.  Actually, I get a bit of a discount from Amazon due to the quantity I order from them.

It’s another option for purchase.  Just personally, I wouldn’t go out of my way to use Amazon, unless you are wise to their practices.  

I guess I’ve just been fortunate with Amazon.  I rarely have had any issue, and when there has been one, Amazon has paid for the item return and sometimes provided a small compensation (always great to talk to them by phone).  Not perfect, of course–and I still like buying local, where I actually can touch the thing!

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

Take it from someone who orders $10-$20, 000 a year from Amazon.  When all goes well, they are great…when something goes wrong, they are horrid.  Actually, I get a bit of a discount from Amazon due to the quantity I order from them.

It’s another option for purchase.  Just personally, I wouldn’t go out of my way to use Amazon, unless you are wise to their practices.  

Amazon prime was made for people like you.  I actually love amazon, sometimes just because of amazon prime - over here you can order at 7pm and get it the next morning.

They’ve also sorted out any problems for me really really well (before and after gettimg prime) - courier pick up and everything.  It’s ruined me for any other online store.

Maybe amazon.co.uk is just nicer than amazon.com, but then again the times I’ve used amazon.com I never had a problem either!!

@summerlove wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

Amazon prime was made for people like you.  I actually love amazon, sometimes just because of amazon prime - over here you can order at 7pm and get it the next morning.

They’ve also sorted out any problems for me really really well (before and after gettimg prime) - courier pick up and everything.  It’s ruined me for any other online store.

Maybe amazon.co.uk is just nicer than amazon.com, but then again the times I’ve used amazon.com I never had a problem either!!

Believe me, I’ve researched all the possibilities with Amazon.  I’m not an Amazon basher; they are very good to me since I’m a “power buyer”, often giving me better shipping options for free and other “perks”.  I’ve just heard of more than a few horror stories from problems from people that only order from them on occasion.

I usually have so many orders pending, I don’t mind the wait at all…but many people that don’t order on-line much find any delay frustrating.

I just ordered one off of Amazon late Thursday night and it came today. Came quickly, free shipping, and cheaper. I couldn’t beat that.

@legocow wrote:
I just ordered one off of Amazon late Thursday night and it came today. Came quickly, free shipping, and cheaper. I couldn’t beat that.

One purchase doesn’t tell the entire story.  When I first started dealing with Amazon, their free shipping was as fast or faster than the premium shipping options.  As time went on, they have become slower and slower.

Once you deal with them on a daily basis as I do, you will understand their strengths and weaknesses.  They are a good company, but not necessarily the quickest at shipping … all of the time.

They are no longer the “only game in town” and other companies are now doing a better job in shipment times.