Clip+ folder browsing issue

I current have two folder named in chinese character 寂寞情人 and 寂寞情人II.  Basically it just part one and part two. Below is a picture of how the folder look like. When I browse the folder on the Clip+ itself, I only see 寂寞情人 which is the part one and the 寂寞情人II which is part two is not shown. Here come the interesting part, The song in part two is being shown in part one folder. Meaning this two folder is being merge together in part one folder. Why is this happening?

@larrytan wrote:

The song in part two is being shown in part one folder. Meaning this two folder is being merge together in part one folder. Why is this happening?

Are the album names on all the songs for part I and part II the exact same?  Or are the album names for the songs in part I named something like “album I” and the album names for the songs in part II something like “album II”?

If all the album names for all the songs in both parts are the exact same, the clip+ will merge them together into one folder.

The album tag for part I is “part I” and part II is “part II”. So there are two different album tags which make not reason for clip+ to merge two different albums. My initial though was the folder browsing feature will just act like how we browse in windows explorer.

@larrytan wrote:

The album tag for part I is “part I” and part II is “part II”. So there are two different album tags which make not reason for clip+ to merge two different albums. My initial though was the folder browsing feature will just act like how we browse in windows explorer.

Try this – instead of using Roman Numerals ( such as I, II, III), use numbers instead ( 1, 2, 3) for both the album names and the folder names.  It should then be displayed correctly on the clip+.

The same issue happened with the fuze and a user found a work-around for it.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/missing-files-folders-on-folder-navigation/m-p/131724/highlight/true#M30136

I tested this on my clip+ and with Roman Numerals at the end of the names for album and folder, the player will merge the songs into one folder.  If numbers are used, they stay in separate folders.  It’s a funny quirk since when I view the albums and folders (with Roman Numerals) on the player’s internal memory thru Windows Explorer, they are shown correctly.  But when I view them on the clip+'s screen, they are merged together.

This solution work great for part of my issue. As I was browsing my clip+. I notice it do merge two folder name “ALBUM” and “ALBUMLESS”. At first I though was due to some of the subfolder that cause the merging. So I created this two folder on the root of my micro sd. I put 1 song from different album into each of the folder. The result is it show the folder “ALBUMLESS” with two song in it. Why is there so much limitation in naming convention?

@larrytan wrote:

This solution work great for part of my issue. As I was browsing my clip+. I notice it do merge two folder name “ALBUM” and “ALBUMLESS”. At first I though was due to some of the subfolder that cause the merging. So I created this two folder on the root of my micro sd. I put 1 song from different album into each of the folder. The result is it show the folder “ALBUMLESS” with two song in it. Why is there so much limitation in naming convention?

That does happen.  How odd.

It is not because the first five letters are the same.  I have two folders in my microsdhc card, “Yanni FLAC” and “Yanni Live At The Acropolis”.  They are listed correctly on the clip+.  There’s no merging nor any kind of rearranging of the files inside the two folders at all.   And both folders show up like they are expected to.

Perhaps someone who is a programmer can explain this?

I’m having the exact same issue.

I have a two folders names “Kill Bill” and “Kill Bill volume 2” and only “Kill Bill volume 2” is showing, and its content is the merge of the two folders.

The same bug occurs not only with leaf folders, but with folders containing sub folders too. My two folders named “Soundracks - Movies” and “Soundtracks - Games” gets merged as one unique “Soundtrack - Movies” directory.

As a partial fix for this issue I’ll change my sub folder hierarchy to use soundtracks/games and soundtracks/movies as well as killbill/volume1 and killbill/volume 2 but I’d love to know what cause this. I’m a programmer myself but I can’t understand how such merging can occur.