Clip+ and Windows 10

Windows 10 will not recognize the Clip+ when plugged in. The device operates normally. I have tried re-formatting the clip. I have changed it from Auto detect to MTP and MSC with no success. The device does not show up in Windows Explorer or Device Manager. The Clip+ also does not show up in the Disk Management screen. I have restarted the computer, ran troubleshooting for the USBs. and forced the Clip+ to go into MSC mode.

Any help is appreciate.

Try a different cord/cable?

Try a different USB port?

Try a different computer?

Tried everything but the last. I dont have another windows 10 computer to try it on

Dear vuevans, did you ever solve the issue? I have a new sansa clip+ given to me. My Windows 10 Dell isn’t recognizing the device. Not even a popup to indicate it doesn’t… just like it isn’t there. I’ve tried a different USB port on the PC also. The instructions to select system settings, then select USB mode are unclear… are we to do that on the sansa, or in our Windows 10 system settings?. I cannot find an option under USB to switch from auto detect to MSC on Windows 10. I obviously cannot change any settings on Sansa if it needs charging first. In searching the web, I’m not clear on what ‘MSC’ stands for!!