Clip+ and 32gb MicroSDHC Problems

Hello. I had been happily using my Clip+ along with Rockbox and a 32gb Sandisk microSDHC card for several months until yesterday when I decided to delete several files from the card while the player was plugged into my computer.  When unplugging the player, it got stuck on “Refreshing your media”.  After about 30 minutes I forced the player to shut off but now I am experiencing a number of problems:

1. I receive the following error (which is fatal as my only options after this is to shut the player off):

Data abort
at 30050380
FSR 0x8
(domain 0, fault 8)
address 0x6A2E342E

1. The player won’t turn on (this can be resolved by holding the power button for a while, but it keeps reocurring).  When this is happening, it won’t turn on when plugging it into the computer either.

2. When the player does let me turn it on, plugging it into the computer results in it going into the “Refreshing your media” process which freezes when it reaches 100%.

When I remove the microSDHC card, I am able to boot up without any problems.  It seems to me that I may need to format my microSDHC card and start again but I do not own a device to access the card only.  Does anyone else have any potential remedies for this before I attempt to purchase a USB device to experiment with the SDHC card?  Thank you in advance.

@acp128 wrote:

Hello. I had been happily using my Clip+ along with Rockbox and a 32gb Sandisk microSDHC card for several months until yesterday when I decided to delete several files from the card while the player was plugged into my computer.  When unplugging the player, it got stuck on “Refreshing your media”.  After about 30 minutes I forced the player to shut off but now I am experiencing a number of problems:

1. I receive the following error (which is fatal as my only options after this is to shut the player off):

Data abort
at 30050380
FSR 0x8
(domain 0, fault 8)
address 0x6A2E342E

1. The player won’t turn on (this can be resolved by holding the power button for a while, but it keeps reocurring).  When this is happening, it won’t turn on when plugging it into the computer either.

1. When the player does let me turn it on, plugging it into the computer results in it going into the “Refreshing your media” process which freezes when it reaches 100%.

When I remove the microSDHC card, I am able to boot up without any problems.  It seems to me that I may need to format my microSDHC card and start again but I do not own a device to access the card only.  Does anyone else have any potential remedies for this before I attempt to purchase a USB device to experiment with the SDHC card?  Thank you in advance.

You need to update your rockbox installation…there is no more of that annoying “refreshing your media” waiting any more, because Rockbox USB support is now working. Try this with the card out, and then replace the card, and see what happens then.

Marvin: Thanks so much for the quick reply.  I was using the latest Rockbox software (version 3.10) but I did perform a re-installation just in case.  Then when putting the card back in and booting up again, I ran into the Data abort error again.  Seems to me the card is corrupt and I’ll need to try to wipe that out by itself by using a USB adapter to access the card with my computer.  I will keep working on this and advise as to how it goes.  Thanks again.

@acp128 wrote:

Marvin: Thanks so much for the quick reply.  I was using the latest Rockbox software (version 3.10) but I did perform a re-installation just in case.  Then when putting the card back in and booting up again, I ran into the Data abort error again.  Seems to me the card is corrupt and I’ll need to try to wipe that out by itself by using a USB adapter to access the card with my computer.  I will keep working on this and advise as to how it goes.  Thanks again.

When I said update the Rockbox, I meant to a current build…the USB support was finalized after version 3.10 had already been released. Once you do that, you don’t ever need to see the OF again if you don’t want to.:wink:

You may well have card problems, like you suspect…best of luck sorting them!:smiley:

Just to follow up regarding this issue, I formatted my microSDHC card and everything has been working flawlessly ever since.  To Marvin: Thanks very much for your quick and helpful assistance.  I greatly appreciate it!