Anythingbutipod

Computershopper

PC Magazine

Digital Trends

SF Gate 

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 08-31-2009 01:36 PM
Vertek

Re: Clip+ Reviews

The reviews I looked at unfortunately did not mention that the radio volume is set too high, and can't be reduced to a comfortable level.  I don't think I would have bought my clip+ if I had known about this.
SanDisk Guru
neutron_bob

This isn't going to turn into a "pitch bug" issue, is it?  The gain is indeed trimmable.  Hang in there for the first firmware revision.

Bob  :smileywink:

gordor

Re: Clip+ Reviews CAN BE LOUDER ?

just the opposite of too loud is there any way to increase the volume on a Clip.  those of us with failing hearing would like some more volume please
SanDisk Guru
gwk1967

gordor wrote:
just the opposite of too loud is there any way to increase the volume on a Clip.  those of us with failing hearing would like some more volume please

You wouldn't happen to be in Europe, would you? By European law, the volume is limited on electronic devices. There's an easy workaround, though. Go into Settings and select Restore Factory Settings. The player will then ask you to specify a few settings. Just choose "US" or "Rest of the World" for the Region, and you'll then be able to choose between Normal and High volume settings. EU users only get Normal.
SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

gordor wrote:

If GW's response doesn't apply to you, and you want more volume you might consider a headphone amp.

SanDisk Guru
JK98

Use more efficient earphones to get more volume. Earphones can vary greatly in efficiency.
resonanz

Nice, successful online firmware "fix"" for the radio volume control problem. Result is just about a perfect device. THanks, Sansa.
Hadi

[ Edited ]

good Review

SanDisk Guru
Miikerman

As posted elsewhere in response to your other comment there, I have no issue in renaming files or folders when my Clip is connected to my computer.  You may want to check your Clip's USB mode--MSC mode can work easiest, without problem (that's what I use).