Clip+ Reviews

just the opposite of too loud is there any way to increase the volume on a Clip.  those of us with failing hearing would like some more volume please

@gordor wrote:
just the opposite of too loud is there any way to increase the volume on a Clip.  those of us with failing hearing would like some more volume please

You wouldn’t happen to be in Europe, would you? By European law, the volume is limited on electronic devices. There’s an easy workaround, though. Go into Settings and select Restore Factory Settings. The player will then ask you to specify a few settings. Just choose “US” or “Rest of the World” for the Region, and you’ll then be able to choose between Normal and High volume settings. EU users only get Normal.

gordor wrote:

If GW's response doesn’t apply to you, and you want more volume you might consider a headphone amp.

Use more efficient earphones to get more volume. Earphones can vary greatly in efficiency.

Nice, successful online firmware “fix”" for the radio volume control problem. Result is just about a perfect device. THanks, Sansa.

good Review

As posted elsewhere in response to your other comment there, I have no issue in renaming files or folders when my Clip is connected to my computer.  You may want to check your Clip’s USB mode–MSC mode can work easiest, without problem (that’s what I use). 

It seems everytime a new version of ANYTHING comes out, they eliminate the best from the older version.  WHY??  To all the engineers out there:  Improvement = adding better qualities NOT trading them off.    

The blue backlight on the clip was not only practical in the dark, it was just plain cool, and everybody liked it. 

@ohwell wrote:

It seems everytime a new version of ANYTHING comes out, they eliminate the best from the older version.  WHY??  To all the engineers out there:  Improvement = adding better qualities NOT trading them off.    

The blue backlight on the clip was not only practical in the dark, it was just plain cool, and everybody liked it. 

You mean the ring around the circle button? I always found that it blinded me at night when I pushed a button and it came on. In fact, once Rockbox worked on the Fuze, I turned the blue light off…lol.  To say “everybody liked it” is simply not true…many people didn’t like it. Don’t get me wrong, blue is my favorite color, and my text here would be blue if your words weren’t in blue.

I thought the Clip+ was an improvement over the Clip in almost every way, and I still have one. I hope if there is ever a replacement for the Clip+, that it will not have the blue light.

My question is,  did it take you two years to notice this light was gone?  If not, then why take this long to post your feelings? :wink::wink:

My apologies.   Saying  “everybody liked it”  is almost as bad as saying  “it blinded me at night”.  
As to the question about the timing of my opinion.  That is irrelevant.  

The changes that Sandisk made can’t please everyone.  I never had a clip (mainly because there’s no expansion slot), but from knowing what the player’s features are, I say the clip+ is an improvement overall.

Certainly, the Clip+'s addition of a miscroSD slot (especially) and folder view are major enhancements.  Plus the improved clip itself.

Still, I miss the somewhat retro style (so unique!) of the original (maybe because it was the first?):  the body contour and curves, and the lighting bling–the glowing ring and the ring indicator backlights (I was even happy in sacrificing some small battery power for them).   :slight_smile:

Certainly, the Clip+'s addition of a microSD slot (especially) and folder view are major enhancements.  Plus the improved clip itself.

Still, I miss the somewhat retro style (so unique!) of the original (maybe because it was the first?):  the body contour and curves, and the lighting bling–the glowing ring and the ring indicator backlights (I was even happy in sacrificing some small battery power for them).  

This Clip+ is an absolute piece of useless junk!!! I can’t download the iTunes on my computer. I e-mailed SanDisk and got a completely incoherent response.

THIS PIECE OF ■■■■ IS BEING RETURNED TODAY!!!

Just because iTunes (or anything Apple) doesn’t make it easy to use a non-pod mp3 player doesn’t mean that it isn’t possible. And it doesn’t mean the player is useless junk. One must adapt grasshopper.

But thank you for your contribution.

@tapeworm wrote:

Just because iTunes (or anything Apple) doesn’t make it easy to use a non-pod mp3 player doesn’t mean that it isn’t possible. And it doesn’t mean the player is useless junk. One must adapt grasshopper.

But thank you for your contribution.

I think they need the new iClip iZip! :smileyvery-happy:

@hobopoet wrote:

This Clip+ is an absolute piece of useless junk!!! I can’t download the iTunes on my computer. I e-mailed SanDisk and got a completely incoherent response.

THIS PIECE OF ■■■■ IS BEING RETURNED TODAY!!!

Oh, for heaven’s sake, chill.  The Clips actually are some of the best players of their type out there, when used correctly.

1.  The Clip+ is not aac file format compatible, if you mean to say that you can’t transfer your iTunes songs, in aac format, to the Clip+.  The player info. doesn’t say anything different.

2.  But there still is a solution:  if you want iTunes aac format tunes on your Clip+, you can use iTunes to export (and convert) your music into mp3 format.  And it’s easily done, by the way–consult your iTunes software.

You might get actual help here if you would explain what your issue is and provide details so people know what the issue is and can help you, RATHER THAN SCREAM AND RANT.

Oh, and as noted above, the newest Clip in the Clip line, the Clip Zip, is aac file compatible (for DRM-free aac files).

Lastly:  rather than emailing SanDisk, why not telephone them for help–much easier to ask questions if you don’t understand, and the call is free (at least in the U.S.).  In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us

Hello Marvin Martian, and you guys reading this :slight_smile:

I’m about to buy a new mp3 player and the Sansa clip + 8GB is my first option, but I am wondering about the firmware, should I leave it with the original one or change it to rockbox? Which one do you reccomend? I mention you Marvin cuz I see you have a sansa clip+ 8gb rockboxed, how its been working? Any bugs? I would love to read your opinion, thank you. ;) 

NottLuis wrote:

I’m about to buy a new mp3 player and the Sansa clip + 8GB is my first option, but I am wondering about the firmware, should I leave it with the original one or change it to rockbox? Which one do you reccomend? I mention you Marvin cuz I see you have a sansa clip+ 8gb rockboxed, how its been working? Any bugs? I would love to read your opinion, thank you. ;) 

I am getting a psychic message coming through from Carnac the Magnificent…

The answer is . . . Marvin Martian will say “Rockbox”.  :wink:

@nottluis wrote:

I’ve had Rockbox on it for over a year now,  and it works very well. The battery lasts longer with RB, and the equalizer is much, much better…and there are many other things it can do if you want to take the time to learn.  I  have the latest stable release on mine right now, which is 3.9.1, and I’m not seeing any bugs.