Clip+ Radio Problems: Static

Thanks Miikerman & JK98,

however I have tried various earphones (extended; not near any interference), yet the FM reception distortion problem remains.

As I said in my original posting: The only quirk I noticed… If I manually advance the station 1 frequency (1 click to the right), and then reverse it 2 frequencies (2 clicks to the left), followed by 1 click to the right, so I’m now back on the proper frequency, it sometimes resolves the issue… or I think it may help reduce some static

That’s why I suspect a software fix should be possible, even if the clip+ has a different tuner chip, etc, as compared to the original clip that has proper FM reception. I’m hoping Sandisk will stand behind this produce and help us with a new patch for this problem.

------------------------

Miikerman said: My FM radio has worked fine . . . .  Of course, do make sure that the earphone cable, which serves as the antenna, is extended. 

JK98 said: Try using a different earphone or headphone. The earphone cord is the antenna. Extend the cord fully. Try using the radio in a different location. There may be something interfering with reception. Are you using it near your pc or florescent   lights?

------------------------