Charging Sansa clip

I just got a Sansa Clip. I am using an AC charger.  When I plugged it in to charge for the first time, it turns on, but the screen doesn’t stay on to show the battery charging like the manual says it will.  It shuts down after several seconds.  Is it actually charging? and should I see the little battery icon while it is charging.  Thanks !

@grnewton wrote:
I just got a Sansa Clip. I am using an AC charger.  When I plugged it in to charge for the first time, it turns on, but the screen doesn’t stay on to show the battery charging like the manual says it will.  It shuts down after several seconds.  Is it actually charging? and should I see the little battery icon while it is charging.  Thanks !

The screen only stays on to charge when you charge off the computer. You’re actually better off with the AC charger and the screen going to sleep. If you need to check the charge status just push a button to wake up the screen.

OK ! ! That answers my question ! I was using an AC charger and it kept going off and I thought it wasn’t charging since I couldn’t see the battery like it said in the manual.  But the manual was assuming a person is using the computer to charge.  Seems like it got fully charged with the AC charger very quickly.  Does it charge more quickly w/ AC than the computer?

Thanks so much for your help Marvin_Martian ! ! 

@grnewton wrote:

OK ! ! That answers my question ! I was using an AC charger and it kept going off and I thought it wasn’t charging since I couldn’t see the battery like it said in the manual.  But the manual was assuming a person is using the computer to charge.  Seems like it got fully charged with the AC charger very quickly.  Does it charge more quickly w/ AC than the computer?

Thanks so much for your help Marvin_Martian ! ! 

It does charge faster, because the battery isn’t powering the screen. I recommend only connecting to the computer if you are adding or removing stuff to the Clip…do all your charging with the wall charger. Your screen will last longer , your battery will charge faster, and you can’t accidentally mess up anything if it’s not hooked up to the computer…like deleting something from the wrong window, that type of thing. 

Enjoy your Clip! They are awesome.:smiley: