Case and armband for Sansa Clip

Hi all,

I’m new here, so be gentle…

I’m just about to buy a Sansa Clip 8GB from Amazon in the UK.  I need a case + armband to go with it (I’ll be running with this player).

Can anyone recommend me something suitable (available in the UK)?

EDIT: 

I saw these two on Amazon (here and here)- anyone know if they’re any good?

Many thanks!

Message Edited by mutley on 03-31-2009 12:58 PM

@mutley wrote:

Hi all,

I’m just about to buy a Sansa Clip 8GB from Amazon in the UK.  I need a case + armband to go with it (I’ll be running with this player).

EDIT: 

Many thanks!

Neither one is designed for the Clip. And you don’t need an armband…just use the clip on the Clip. Clip it on your waistband, your shirt collar, anywhere. I’ve never had a case on my Clip, and no scratches since October.

@marvin_martian wrote:

@mutley wrote:

Hi all,

EDIT: 

Many thanks!

Neither one is designed for the Clip. And you don’t need an armband…just use the clip on the Clip. Clip it on your waistband, your shirt collar, anywhere. I’ve never had a case on my Clip, and no scratches since October.

While I highly respect Marvin’s opinion, I simply love the cases I got for my clips.  They are silicon in nature and give a good “grippy” feel and make them more secure in my hand.  But, I tend to agree about the armband…If you are running, that would be the last place to attach the clip. With the built-in clip, you can attach it almost anywhere.

Yesterday, while out for my normal walk around the neighborhood, I even tried clipping the clip to my eyeglass frames… and it worked perfectly!!!

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@mutley wrote:

Hi all,

EDIT: 

Many thanks!

While I highly respect Marvin’s opinion, I simply love the cases I got for my clips.  They are silicon in nature and give a good “grippy” feel and make them more secure in my hand.  But, I tend to agree about the armband…If you are running, that would be the last place to attach the clip. With the built-in clip, you can attach it almost anywhere.

Yesterday, while out for my normal walk around the neighborhood, I even tried clipping the clip to my eyeglass frames… and it worked perfectly!!!

Your glasses? Really? *grabs clip* I just tried it on mine, and it was too much weight…made them slide further down my nose.Your glasses must have a more secure fit on your head than mine do. I haveclipped mine elsewhere though…:wink:

If I clipped them to my glasses, they would fall off - its hard enough to keep them on my face while I’m sweating!

I’m just used to having an armband.  My current player is an iRiver IFP795, which I love.  But its a bit fiddly and has very little memory, hence the desire to upgrade.  I like having it on my arm as it is easy to adjust while running.  Not so sure trying to adjust the Clip while attached to my waist-band will be so easy.

How tight/secure is the clip on the back of the Clip?  I mean, if I had just an arm-band, and clipped the Clip (this is getting silly) to the armband, would it be secure?

@mutley wrote:

If I clipped them to my glasses, they would fall off - its hard enough to keep them on my face while I’m sweating!

I’m just used to having an armband.  My current player is an iRiver IFP795, which I love.  But its a bit fiddly and has very little memory, hence the desire to upgrade.  I like having it on my arm as it is easy to adjust while running.  Not so sure trying to adjust the Clip while attached to my waist-band will be so easy.

How tight/secure is the clip on the back of the Clip?  I mean, if I had just an arm-band, and clipped the Clip (this is getting silly) to the armband, would it be secure?

I think you guys missed my point… The clip is very versatile, where you can clip it almost anywhere you desire.  I wasn’t saying I clilp it on my glasses on a regular basis; I just tried it to see if it would work.  As I am a vigorous fiddle player, my eye wear may be out of the norm as I need glasses that are very secure on my head.  The bows are spring loaded, not that much different that what is used on the clip.

I do have a thin armband that works with the clip if I was ever inclined to use it that way.  It looks like a belt but the ends are velcro; and the clip securely affixes itself to that fine.  It will be a bit difficult to see what will work in your application unless you can see it in action… that will be difficult via a photo on a web page…

Good luck…

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@mutley wrote:

I think you guys missed my point… The clip is very versatile, where you can clip it almost anywhere you desire.  I wasn’t saying I clilp it on my glasses on a regular basis; I just tried it to see if it would work.  As I am a vigorous fiddle player, my eye wear may be out of the norm as I need glasses that are very secure on my head.  The bows are spring loaded, not that much different that what is used on the clip.

I do have a thin armband that works with the clip if I was ever inclined to use it that way.  It looks like a belt but the ends are velcro; and the clip securely affixes itself to that fine.  It will be a bit difficult to see what will work in your application unless you can see it in action… that will be difficult via a photo on a web page…

Good luck…

I hear ya…I just tried it out of curiousity. I completely agree on the clip’s ability to be secure almost anywhere.Even the collar of a T-shirt will work :wink:

So I think what I’ll do is get one of those silicon covers (to keep most of the rain off - this is the UK after all), and try clipping it to my old arm band.

Thanks for your help!

@mutley wrote:

So I think what I’ll do is get one of those silicon covers (to keep most of the rain off - this is the UK after all), and try clipping it to my old arm band.

Thanks for your help!

I forgot about the rain factor across the pond…good idea mutley :smiley:

DLO also sells its Action Jacket for the Clip; nice, but more expensive.  Silicone cases are readily available, with many good deals, on eBay.

If you need an armband, Pcmicrostore.com sells them inexpensively (and with “free” shipping). 

Message Edited by Miikerman on 03-31-2009 09:38 AM

I saw the DLO cases…quite expensive!  Also not available in the UK I think.

I only want to pay a few quid to be honest.

Yep, the price definitely is higher for the DLO.  A good thing to check for on eBay.

Hmmm nothing useful for DLO on Ebay.

On an unrelated note - does anyone have a preference between the black and silver 8GB Clip, and if so, why?

I’m thinking of the silver, as I’m thinking marks won’t show up so much, and the pictures seem to show that the display blends more with the case…

@mutley wrote:

On an unrelated note - does anyone have a preference between the black and silver 8GB Clip, and if so, why?

I’m thinking of the silver, as I’m thinking marks won’t show up so much, and the pictures seem to show that the display blends more with the case…

The silver looks really nice, but I hear that it is hard to read it outside on a bright day.

@marvin_martian wrote:

@mutley wrote:

The silver looks really nice, but I hear that it is hard to read it outside on a bright day.

hmmm, thats kind of important…I’ll post  a new thread on that one, rather than divert this thread!

I think the reflective nature of the silver is way cool.  Having said that, as stated above, the screen brightness of the silver is a couple of levels below the black.  I already find the black hard enough to see outside on a sunny day.  If outside use is important for you, something to seriously consider.  (Inside use for the silver is no issue.)

Funny, but:  we still don’t have a silver 8gb Clip in the U.S., as far as I know–black only.