Can't get to main menu

I can’t get to my main menu by pushing the menu button. Am I missing something?

I have a brand new Clip 2GB. I put some mp3s on it as per instructions. I was happily listening to music. I decided to see what else the Clip could do. So I stopped the music from playing (pause), then pushed the Menu button which simply brought me back to the “Music” Headphone page. Pushing the Menu button repeatedly simply toggles between the paused song and the “Music” headphones page.

I downloaded the latest firmware update (2.0.xx?). This didn’t help.

The only thing that seems to work is when I get the “Music” Headphones page, I can push upward and downward on the control disc, and it cycles through Music - FM Radio - Voice - Settings - Music. But no Main menu.

I’ve tried searching the Sansa Clip Knowledgebase with +menu, but got lots of hits. I looked around, but didn’t see anyone else having this problem. And I can’t pull the batteries out to reset it. :-)  (BTW, I did reset (15 secs up power slider) and it did nothing.)

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Paul

1 Like

The good news is, you’re there:  the home button gets you to the top level of listings and then you scroll through them using the up/down keys as you did.  There’s really no space on the Clip to list all the options on a single screen …

Thanks Miikerman for the info.

But don’t I need the Menu button to: 

• set Autopower Off and Sleep, (I want this feature)

• set the Display’s Backlight Timer and Brightness,(I want this feature too)

• be able to Reset All and Save to Factory Settings (this may solve everything!)

• get to System Info to see the Firmware Revision, Available Memory, Number of Songs Loaded? (I’d like this feature too)

If I can’t access these options as a new Clip should, I’d like to return the Clip to you at Sansa/Sandisk and get a new one. I didn’t pay for a malfunctioning Clip which only uses a subset of the commands.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Paul

Thanks Miikerman for the info.

But don’t I need the Menu button to: 

• set Autopower Off and Sleep, (I want this feature)

• set the Display’s Backlight Timer and Brightness,(I want this feature too)

• be able to Reset All and Save to Factory Settings (this may solve everything!)

• get to System Info to see the Firmware Revision, Available Memory, Number of Songs Loaded? (I’d like this feature too)

If I can’t access these options as a new Clip should, I’d like to return the Clip to you at Sansa/Sandisk and get a new one. I didn’t pay for a malfunctioning Clip which only uses a subset of the commands.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Paul

All those things you said that you want to have are in the Settings. It’s the equalizer you see on the main menu. It is there because those thing that you want to modify are settings. So, look for the equalizer, press the center button and you will find all those options.

Thanks! Everything is working as you said. Gracias! - Paul

I assume you now have it down:  select the Settings option (either right click on it or click the center button when it’s on-screen) and then you have the various settings to set; then right click or center click on those as well.

I can play music, I can make it repeat or go to the next song, but that’s all I can do. I tried some of the things suggested by a previous questioner, but none of them work. When I turn the device on, all I get is the little headphones icon with “music” listed. No combination of buttons lets me get to any other screen, let alone the main one. I have the latest firmware, and have tried resetting several times. I’m very disappointed. I loved my Clip 2G, but was running out of space, so wanted this 4G. Am now thinking I’ll have to return it. Can anyone help me?

Happy to help!

There is a clear plastic protective screen that is put over the Clip’s screen at the factory.  Actually, it isn’t all clear:  it has a simulated screen on it, which is what you are seeing on the screen.  You just need to peel that plastic off–there may be a small tab at the right side to help you with that.  And then you should be set!   :slight_smile:

Thank you so much, Sandisk Guru! I feel really stupid now, but happy that my new player works and is as awesome as I’d thought it would be.

I am stuck on FM radio and can’t get back to music

@paulcyrile wrote:

I am stuck on FM radio and can’t get back to music

Press the Home button. That takes you to the Main menu where you can then scroll to Music.

Sandisk Clip shows only the FM (Radio) menu.m Each button does something but I can´t go back to the main menu to listen MP3. Center button does not lead me back to the main menu. Reset did not help, Firmwareupdate is not possible. Running out of ideas. 

When the player is shipped, it has a small protective piece of plastic placed over the front screen, which shows an image of the player in action. You removed that, right? (There is a small tab on one side of the plastic, to assist with its removal.)

Thanks for trying to help me, but shame on me - I have the player since years and my mistake was that I did not press the “home” button . Long pressing locks and unlocks the player. I tried everything but no short press on that button.Bought a new player now and when I received it I found out what I did wrong. Okay now I have to players and you may be able to help if someone is as silly as me…By the way - I was working in the tech support for years…  shame on me and thanks again

Simple solutions are the best! :slight_smile:

@gonzo22 wrote:

Thanks for trying to help me, but shame on me - I have the player since years and my mistake was that I did not press the “home” button .  

Is that not someone suggested here?

It does help sometimes to read a thread through before posting a question that’s already been asked and/or answered.

And if all else fails, reading the manual isn’t a bad idea either. :stuck_out_tongue:

just wanted to say thank you!! the instruction book should tell you to peel off the screen cover! i thought there was one but was worried about damaging the little player! anyway, thanks ~moineau xoxoxooxox

What is the home button?  I am stuck in radio and in my research I am being told to press the home button to go to the menu, but the manual doesn’t say what the home button is.

@chutes wrote:

What is the home button?  I am stuck in radio and in my research I am being told to press the home button to go to the menu, but the manual doesn’t say what the home button is.

Page 3 of the manual:

http://mp3support.sandisk.com/downloads/um/clipplus-en-um-03112.pdf

Than ks for this.  My sandisk clip doesn’t look like the image in the manual posted.  I’ve been looking at a different manual that didn’t even mention home buttons.  However, I found directions for a disk without a home button that involved some rather complicated button pushes that I will have to look up if this happens again.