Can someone help me?

I bought a sansa clip 1 gb and when I plug the usb into my computer and attempt to instal the hardware there is an error when attempting to download. Can somone help me figure out what is wrong?

I think we need more info before a useful solution can be suggested.  Maybe you should search the forum on something like “USB error” and see if any previous posts have similar symptoms.

-Matt

Ok this is what happens. I first plug in the usb to connect the computer to the clip and when it loads “Found New Hardware Wizard” pops up and it says that i need to install the hardware for the MTP device when it finishes searching and installing “An error has occured during the instalation of the device” I used the same usb on my old mp3 and it worked fine.

@rajkol wrote:
Ok this is what happens. I first plug in the usb to connect the computer to the clip and when it loads “Found New Hardware Wizard” pops up and it says that i need to install the hardware for the MTP device when it finishes searching and installing “An error has occurred during the installation of the device” I used the same usb on my old mp3 and it worked fine.

Assuming you don’t actually have a problem with your USB port, it’s probably an issue with Windows Media Player.  The Fuze’s USB mode defaults to MTP.  The required MTP drivers are included with recent versions of Windows Media Player.  Try installing WMP10 or 11.

Alternatively, you could try changing the Fuze’s USB Mode to MSC.  This make the Fuze appear like an ordinary USB flash drive (appears as a drive letter in Windows Explorer) and is much more reliable.  The only catch is that MTP is required for DRM protected files (i.e. subscription services).  But if you don’t need DRM support, MSC is probably the better way to go.

when I try changing it to MSC at the end there is no errors but there is code 10 the device cannot start

Message Edited by Rajkol on 12-08-2008 02:36 PM

First, have the troubled Clip plugged in.

Open the Device Manager via [Windows Key] + [Pause / Break Key] . 

You wil get a pop up window with System Properties.  Select the Hardware tab.

Then click on the Device Manager button.  Expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers listing, and look for the wee Yellow Triangle Of Doom!  Right click and select Uninstall.

Unplug your Clip, and then reboot the PC.

Once it is happy and stable, plug in your Clip again, and see if it is recognized.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: