Can a Clip battery be replaced?

Thank you…and thank you…and thank you again!

I wasn’t expecting quite so much reading material.

After reading through the Battery University page, I began thinking about his usage and habits with his Clip. The battery damage could quite likely have been caused by his habit of tossing the clip and headphones on the dash of his truck and leaving it there for extended periods of time in the Summer sun.

I’ve actually got a battery backup for my own electronics (w/ microUSB connector) but have yet to try it on his Clip.

My own Sansa is a Fuze, so I’d need a 30 pin adapter  to make it work with mine.

So he actually might profit more from having the backup battery…but I’m pretty certain what he likes best about the Clip is it’s size - lightness, so adding a battery three times heavier than it by a small cable is sort of out of the question.

We also bought this particular Clip refurbished, at Amazon US, with a gift card, so I don’t believe any warranty is available in our case. (quite likely the same way this one will be bought due to the money constraints associated with having health trouble and living under in the American medical establishment. But I digress.)

We’re looking at upgrading to a Clip+ since we found a 2GB last night for a reasonable price. The Clip is only 1GB and pretty full now. Maybe this time he’ll take better care of the player since he knows what not to do. ( I think he broke the clip off of his “Clip” a whole two weeks after getting it. So it’s been more lump than clip for quite some time. )

I really appreciate all the time and advice you put into the responses.