Can I increase playback speed (ala VLC) while listening to MP3s on Clip?

“Most of my audio files on my clip are NOT music. Most of my audio files are “spoken-word” audio. These are audio files of people talking to each other, or giving speeches, or of reading a book. I would like to be able to increase playback speed of the audio, while keeping a normal pitch (no “chipmunk” voice).”

Sandisk players don’t do this. There is a fast and slow setting for audiobooks and podcasts, but it is only around 25% and no pitch correction. There are some other brands of mp3 players that do this to a limited degree, perhaps up to 1.4X, but I think the pitch correction may be a separate setting, and not automatic.

Some digital recorders have  variable speed playback with automatic pitch correction, but perhaps only from 0.5X to 1.5X. Make sure that they have this for both mp3 and wma if you need it. Some recorders only have this for wma or only for files recorded on the recorder. I too want variable speed playback on an mp3 player, and haven’t found a good solution. I want something that works like Windows Media Player, with 0.5x to 2 and automatic pitch correction.