Re: Brand New Sansa Clip+ ? ... 1st Step: Remove Protective Strip Covering Screen

Nice to know I am in good company Smiley Happy..  

Didn't get to jumping off the roof or anything.. But just could not understand why pressing buttons got me no where..  I had not read instructions yet.. Just punching buttons with curioisty of "What does this do?"  "what does this do?" I figured out I could turn on/off with top button, I could see the green light (behind the plastic taped display) Then   I was perplexed when no matter what button I pushed after that, it seemed it didn't change a thing..

SanDisk Guru

Re: Brand New Sansa Clip+ ? ... 1st Step: Remove Protective Strip Covering Screen

Isn't it amazing what simple things can screw us up with tech.?   Smiley Wink

Thank you so much!  If only I'd looked here first I would have saved hours of worry. 

BIG SUGGESTION - Sansa should say "Peel off the protective strip FIRST."

In the original Andromeda Strain movie a bunch of really smart people almost destroyed the world by overlooking a very simple obvious answer. I did the same thing with the protective tape over the screen on my new San Disk.  Why not just use a clear piece oc tape that could be left on the screen? Or would that be too smart?

SanDisk Guru

I think that, for consumer info. and marketing purposes, SanDisk prints info. on the protective strip, so that consumers can see what the screen will look like in operation.  I actually think that this is a good idea, but also think that SanDisk can include a pretty obvious pull-away tab to the screen protector, so that the protector's removal is obvious. 

Wow, I felt so stupid yesterday when I finally figured this out.........nothing in the single sheet of instructions mentions this step. Actually, I felt stupid twice yesterday, I spent hours trying to increase the volume, did the setting stuff with no improvement, finally found a blog that stated that there was a volume control on the side of the Clip, I just didn't see it. Again no mention of this in the instructions that indicated the various buttons and their meaning, Oh dear, today is a better day. Now to figure out how to get audiobooks to the "Audiobook" folder.

SanDisk Guru

Now that should be easy:  copy and paste the files from your PC to the Clip folder.   Smiley Happy

I experienced the same. Nothing in intructions mentioned a protective strip, but I found that answer in the Forum. Trouble is... now the menu dsplays, but it's in Arabic! I'll swearch for a fix.

SanDisk Guru

Tosh70 wrote:

I experienced the same. Nothing in intructions mentioned a protective strip, but I found that answer in the Forum. Trouble is... now the menu dsplays, but it's in Arabic! I'll swearch for a fix.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7/kw/resetting%20language

CK

I did the same thing.  No reason for this silly game.