Brand New Sansa Clip+ ? ... 1st Step: Remove Protective Strip Covering Screen

With the greatest of respect:

I understand your frustration.  At the same time, it is not at all uncommon for a display of some type to have a clear protective film/plastic placed over it.  I guess that this thread indicates the wisdom, to SanDisk, of noting the protective screen protector in the user manual.  But I rarely have seen any manufacturer do so. 

double duhhh! I was close to jumping from the roof of my apartment complex. Thanks, owe you a cold beer.

It’s the simple things in life that get you down

Thanks, Finkster. I had the same stupid thing. Would be an idea for the SanDisk people ro put it in the manual. Would have saved me a lot of time.

God bless you, finkster! I was about ready to take my Sandisk back to the store until I found your posting!

What fun. Did the same, feel the same.  Thanks

You mean like this?

:laughing:

I thought the idea of the sticker was to show you what happens when the inevitable real freeze occurs!

Seriously - thank you - just got my new one going and was going crazy trying to get it to go to Home page etc.  Was getting REALLY frustrated.     Now it works just fine and dandy.  thank you thank you tank you

I am so glad for your post.  I was going nuts trying to figure out what was wrong with my new Sansa Clip, and after I read your post and took off the plastic cover, it was all good.  I was ready to return the stupid thing. Thanks again!

Tami

Nice to know I am in good company :smiley:…  

Didn’t get to jumping off the roof or anything… But just could not understand why pressing buttons got me no where…  I had not read instructions yet… Just punching buttons with curioisty of “What does this do?”  “what does this do?” I figured out I could turn on/off with top button, I could see the green light (behind the plastic taped display) Then   I was perplexed when no matter what button I pushed after that, it seemed it didn’t change a thing…

Isn’t it amazing what simple things can screw us up with tech.?   :wink:

Thank you so much!  If only I’d looked here first I would have saved hours of worry. 

BIG SUGGESTION - Sansa should say “Peel off the protective strip FIRST.”

1 Like

In the original Andromeda Strain movie a bunch of really smart people almost destroyed the world by overlooking a very simple obvious answer. I did the same thing with the protective tape over the screen on my new San Disk.  Why not just use a clear piece oc tape that could be left on the screen? Or would that be too smart?

1 Like

I think that, for consumer info. and marketing purposes, SanDisk prints info. on the protective strip, so that consumers can see what the screen will look like in operation.  I actually think that this is a good idea, but also think that SanDisk can include a pretty obvious pull-away tab to the screen protector, so that the protector’s removal is obvious. 

Wow, I felt so stupid yesterday when I finally figured this out…nothing in the single sheet of instructions mentions this step. Actually, I felt stupid twice yesterday, I spent hours trying to increase the volume, did the setting stuff with no improvement, finally found a blog that stated that there was a volume control on the side of the Clip, I just didn’t see it. Again no mention of this in the instructions that indicated the various buttons and their meaning, Oh dear, today is a better day. Now to figure out how to get audiobooks to the “Audiobook” folder.

Now that should be easy:  copy and paste the files from your PC to the Clip folder.   :slight_smile:

I experienced the same. Nothing in intructions mentioned a protective strip, but I found that answer in the Forum. Trouble is… now the menu dsplays, but it’s in Arabic! I’ll swearch for a fix.

@tosh70 wrote:

I experienced the same. Nothing in intructions mentioned a protective strip, but I found that answer in the Forum. Trouble is… now the menu dsplays, but it’s in Arabic! I’ll swearch for a fix.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7/kw/resetting%20language

I did the same thing.  No reason for this silly game.

@ck11 wrote:

I did the same thing.  No reason for this silly game.

No, there’s not. Everybody in this day and age should know and expect that any electronic device or really anything with a display screen or highly polished surface (from car stereos to home appliances to phones to mp3 players) will have a protective film on it that needs to be peeled off prior to use.

Manufacturers have only been applying these for oh, I don’t know, maybe the last 40 years or so. :confounded: