Billboard 1,000 songs on micro SD

I just purchased a Clip plus today as a birthday gift.  While at Best Buy I also picked up the Billboard 1,000 80’s and 90’s card.  I got home and opened the Billboard card and plugged it into my computer.  I am running Window’s 7 and the card appears to be blank.  I tried a few conversion programs to convert from .BIN to .ISO, without any success.  Does anyone know of a download or plug-in that will allow me to listen to this micro SD on my computer?  I have been all over the net researching it without any luck.  When I purchased the pre-loaded card I didn’t read the small print at the bottom that says “Requires a slotRadio compatible player”.  Now I have an opened card that Best Buy won’t allow me to return.  Please help as I would really love to hear these Billboard 1000 songs on my amplified sound system.

Thanks,

Bob

Perhaps not ideal, but couldn’t you play it back on the Clip and then connect the Clip to your stereo/computer via the Clip’s headphone jack? 

That is a great idea, but I don’t own the clip plus I am giving it as a gift.

Bob

Maybe this gives you an excuse to pick up a Clip+.

:wink:

And perhaps BB would take the card back, when you explain that you don’t have a compatible player.  Perhaps unlikely, but who knows, and you have limited options here.

slotradio cards are not compatible with playback on a computer. when connected the computer will only see the 64MB open partition of the card. this is some extra space you can use for putting some of your own content on the card. the .bin file you see is actually a firmware update for slotradio players. the actual music is on a hidden partition that can only be seen by slotradio compatible devices like the clip+, Fuze, and slotradiop players. 

The SR cards are only playable on the Sansa, either the Fuze, Clip+, or SlotRadio devices.

Drlucky beat me to the punch!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I think that I will try the recommendation of plugging the earphone jack to the computer mic jack and let it run.  Thanks to all for answering my question. 

Please report back and let us know what you think about the music and the song selection. 

The card you got and the oldies one are the two newest.   I was hoping that a card with songs from the 80’s and 90’s would come out.

So far the songs are great.  I was in highschool in the middle 80’s and this brings me back to my highschool days.  I haven’t listened to all of the songs yet.

you can buy one at quc 18003452525–they are about $60 and come with one billboard card.  you can go on-line qvc.com . they come in three colors and are excellent buy. 

One more example of DRM being a pain in the neck for the legitimate buyer.

Except that, the DRM protection and related restrictions, I believe, are the quid pro quo for getting so much music at the price.

The thing that bugs me the most about Slotradio cards is that disliked songs can’t be marked so they won’t play. The only option is to skip to the next song each and every time a disliked song starts playing. This is extremely annoying!

JK98 wrote:
The thing that bugs me the most about Slotradio cards is that disliked songs can’t be marked so they won’t play. The only option is to skip to the next song each and every time a disliked song starts playing. This is extremely annoying!

Out of 1000 songs how often are these ‘disliked’ songs going to come up? This happens when you listen to the radio too. In that case, you have to either turn it off and listen to nothing, or start switching around to different stations unitl you find one playing a song you like.

Bob, I have tried to find the Billboard 1,000 80"s & 90"s and others for my little player, they are hard to find. hope you can find a way to play it, i love my sandisk. kitten

@kitten wrote:

Bob, I have tried to find the Billboard 1,000 80"s & 90"s and others for my little player, they are hard to find. hope you can find a way to play it, i love my sandisk. kitten

Look no further:

Billboard 80’s & 90’s - 1000 songs card

In stock and available now.

The rest of the SlotRadio card selections are here. :wink: