BROKEN CLIP

My clip broke after 7 months of constant use…from hugging someone…

Mine is new and I’m keeping an eye on the clip. Personally, I would (and will if need be), take a strip of fiberglass cloth (or plastic window screen), soak it in clear epoxy and carefully place over the area, wrapping underneath. Since the cip is removeable, this is fairly easy to do.

@hakume wrote:
My clip broke after 7 months of constant use…from hugging someone…

That is the most awesome way to break the CLIP.

XD

Out of a dozen CLIPs purchased as gifts and some for personal use i’ve had 4 of the clip parts fail.   I have had 2 or the clips go completely useless as the spring cracks through the plastic clip part.   1 tryed to repair one with superglue but that looks like ■■■■ after.     The other 2 clip parts are semi usable, but very wiggly (side to side)   im sure they will fail eventually.   

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see the problem with them.   Look at how much stress is placed at a pin-point location at the end of the spring.    The force is not distributed out.    And for those who don’t have the problem,  why are you even responding to this tread and talking down to others who have the issue, it makes you look like a complete donkey butt.

I hate Sansa for this one freaking issue.   Without a working clip part,  it  becomes much less CLIPABLE.    And being i gifted the other clips when other people have this problem ,   I end up exchanging them my clip part for thiers.   (I’m just too nice sometimes. )…

Sansa owes me like 3 or 4 clip parts now.  :(    Do they care?   NO…    Will they fix the design?     NO.     Why did I waist my time typing.  ><  Growls…     I think everybody likes for the clip part working…    sigh…     I’m good now…     Peace…

Out of a dozen CLIPs purchased as gifts and some for personal use i’ve had 4 of the clip parts fail.   I have had 2 or the clips go completely useless as the spring cracks through the plastic clip part.   1 tryed to repair one with superglue but that looks like ■■■■ after.     The other 2 clip parts are semi usable, but very wiggly (side to side) and lost some of the springy tension, and produced a crack in the plastic.   I’m sure they will fail eventually.   

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see the problem with them.   Look at how much stress is placed at a pin-point location at the end of the spring.    The force is not distributed out.    And for those who don’t have the problem,  why are you even responding to this tread and talking down to others who have the issue, it makes you look like a complete donkey butt.

I hate Sansa for this one freaking issue.   Without a working clip part,  it  becomes much less CLIPABLE.    And being i gifted the other clips when other people have this problem ,   I end up exchanging them my clip part for thiers.   (I’m just too nice sometimes. )…

Sansa owes me like 3 or 4 clip parts now.  :cry:    Do they care?   NO…    Will they fix the design?     NO.     Why did I waist my time typing.  ><  Growls…     I think everybody likes for the clip part working…    sigh…     I’m good now…     Peace…

The clip itself didn’t break for me. The spring failed on me. I can see where it came undone, but I’m unsure of how to replace the spring. I don’t need a whole new clip, just a new spring.

Back in the day, when I discovered hairline cracks in several Clips’ Clips, they were all at the exact same point, the spot where the wee spring contacts the translucent clip.

I saved them from eventual peril by drilling a wee stress relief hole at the leading edge of the crack, a trick learned from years of working with acrylic plastics.  The relief hole was very small, about 0.3mm, all it takes.

The Clips are about $3 apiece, sold in a three-pack.  It’s a good investment to have a spare around.  They’re available in several colors.  I like the conservative grey “smoke” ones, as they blend with all colors.

This wee beastie is RED.  Lovely color, come to think of it.  SanDisk is limiting these replacements to two per customer (yes, no worries, that’s six individual ones) in the interest of keeping them available.  It also discourages some twink from buying a zillion of them and hiking the price up on eBay , a definite potential issue.

Let’s have a look.  They’re currently available in blue, red, and two shades of pink.  Come to think of it, I’d better grab a set of those pink ones for my daughters.  They’ve all lost their Clip Clips recently.  Not bad.  They have these original Clips from the initial week of release, and as tough as they are on the little guys, they all are still working.

Well, I just retired one, as the OLED display has finally begun dropping out on one of them.  Over several years, and a few battery wire surgeries, multiple trips through the washing machine, even one decent crushing, they all still play!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

the clip from my sansa clip has broken today. No heavy usage just the normal unclip movement… So I googled for help! 

One gentlemen had suggested to use the clip behind a measurement tape that you can buy cheap at Dollorama. He said to use a nail file to make sure that the back of sansa clip is even and smooth which I did. Then I did a test with the small metal clip measurement tape - you need to uncrew it (For the sake of the test I just taped the metal clip to the back of my sansa before putting the real definite glue)

The only problem with this gentleman’s suggestion is that the measurement  tape metal clip can become vey loose with time because there is not “spring” to strenghten the clip and eventually it simply falls off. …

here is another SOLUTION THAT WORKED WELL FOR ME:

I have purchase a one dollar pack of 6 colored magnetic clips at Dollorama store (the ones that you put on the door of the refrigerator to hang messages. - see the link bellow). I took out the small magnetic square behind one of the clip. Then I glued it behind my Sansa. I used a small tube of crazy glue.  The clip is a little big BUT the spring is really strong and it does not fall or loosen up when I do my sport activities. Plus my Sansa is absolutely super dupper cool! Hope this help.

• yours truly …Handy Woman

Here is my new and improve funky sansa clip!  …NB: Message to Sansa: I hope you will give me some royalties :wink:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47718740@N05/?saved=1

@handywoman wrote:

the clip from my sansa clip has broken today. No heavy usage just the normal unclip movement… So I googled for help! 

One gentlemen had suggested to use the clip behind a measurement tape that you can buy cheap at Dollorama. He said to use a nail file to make sure that the back of sansa clip is even and smooth which I did. Then I did a test with the measurement tape (just taping it to the back before putting the glue)

The only problem I saw with using the clip behind a measurement  tape is that there is not “spring” and eventually it will loosen up…so instead here is my suggestion:

I have purchase a one dollar pack of colored magnetic clips at dollorama. I took out the small magnetic square and use it for my sansa clip. Ok the clip is a little big BUT the spring is quite strong and it does not fall or loosen up when I do my sport activity. And now my sans clip is absolute trendy and uniquely cool. (PS: I use a small tube of crazy clue to glue the clip to the sansa). Hope this help. - Handy Woman

Here is my new and improve funky sansa clip!  

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47718740@N05/?saved=1

Good for you…very clever!:smiley:

Super Duper!

:smiley:

My clip+ is still going strong and no other product now available seems superior (small, works, fm, mp3, flac, clips to my shirt for running).

The clip is now broken. I am going to try this:

Heavy-Duty Fixed Belt Clip

from theclip.com

sku 300 $4.50 USD plus shipping & tax

http://www.theclip.com/store/Heavy-Duty-Fixed-Belt-Clip.html

I’ll report back on the result.

e_identity

Using the Heavy-Duty Fixed Belt Clip (sku 300) from theclip.com I have now attached a new clip to my Clip+.

To make it fit, I did some clearancing of both the back of the Clip+ and the new clip with a dremel tool.

I added more information to the attached photograph.

I used the glue tape sold by theclip.com to affix the clip the the back of the Clip+. End result:

Hope this helps someone.

e_identity.

1 Like

Thank you for posting the info and pics. I’m sure they will help someone else with a broken clip get some more mileage out of their player!

Seems a litle bulky, but if it works for you that’s all that matters. :smiley:

Mine, too.

Could not find the clips at the link provided

Where did you get your clip?

Great solution 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JrB96KLEgw

Video on how to fix -

try this fix video