BROKEN CLIP

looked at Buy.com and they didn’t have one. :cry:

Did you miss the post right before yours, to call SanDisk and get a clip replacement for free?

The plastic clip on my clip also broke within the first week.  I contacted support as indicated and they shipped one out within 4 days… or so they said.  It has been a month since the “ship date” and I have still not received one.  Multiple communucations with support has provided no answers and only increased my frustration.  At this point, I am willing to pay for a replacement just to alleviate the frustration of dealing with support.  It seems their only goal is to close the “request”. 

I am hoping that someone monitoring this forum may be able to help. 

Thanks,

guitarMan 

I had the same problem with Sandisk Support.  I was told that a replacement clip would be sent to my house.  I gave them 2 weeks before I called back.  So far, nothing but frustration on that end.  I am certainly willing to pay for replacements, but I am having trouble finding them.

I ended up requesting to talk to a supervisor and once I did, I received a replacement clip within a week.

Worlds worst customer service?  Can I get an Amen? :angry: 

Seriously, how simple a process should it be to correct the Sansa Clip’s clip problem?  You’d have thought I was asking for a replacement, my money back, and the customer service guy’s first born child…  Get real!

Beyond the ■■■■-for-customer-service issues, does anybody know if Sandisk is actually doing something with the design/production of the clip to resolve the underlying problem?

hmmm, there might be issue that cannot be resolved right away but as you can see they are Customer Service and Technical support, they can resolved the case TECHNICALLY but regarding on the clip they can request for it but they dont have the authority to replaced it right away, if the player itself turn out to be unusable and it is under warranty Iam sure they will grant you replacment right away, Guitar Man had his replacement because of due process, I have also my Sansa clip for over a year and still the belt clip is working fine. :wink:

This has to be, by far, the DUMBEST customer dissatisfier I have ever come accross. What is Sandisk thinking by not making this $.10 plastic part available to its customers. The product is called the CLIP. Hello? Duhhhh! Do you think the clip might be important? How friggin hard could it be to get the factory to churn out an extra few thousand of the little clip pieces?

I will not buy another Sandisk product based on their complete disregard for their customer’s post-sale needs. How could future sales possibly be worth $.10 worth of plastic to them?

@socomon wrote:

This has to be, by far, the DUMBEST customer dissatisfier I have ever come accross. What is Sandisk thinking by not making this $.10 plastic part available to its customers. The product is called the CLIP. Hello? Duhhhh! Do you think the clip might be important? How friggin hard could it be to get the factory to churn out an extra few thousand of the little clip pieces?

I will not buy another Sandisk product based on their complete disregard for their customer’s post-sale needs. How could future sales possibly be worth $.10 worth of plastic to them?

Maybe they didn’t correctly guess how many people would break them (it sure is a surprise to me ) …or maybe the economy forced them to lay off the clip-builders.

OK, say they didn’t guess right in the very beginning. By well over a year ago, the writing was one the wall and there was plenty of time to satisfy customer demand.

The clips are already produced as part of the complete unit. No special work force there.

Sorry - not satisfied with those excuses.

@socomon wrote:

OK, say they didn’t guess right in the very beginning. By well over a year ago, the writing was one the wall and there was plenty of time to satisfy customer demand.

The clips are already produced as part of the complete unit. No special work force there.

Sorry - not satisfied with those excuses.

If the writing was on the wall as you say, then why are so many people breaking them? Wouldn’t they know the risk, and therefore be more careful? In 9 months of daily use, my original Clip’s clip never broke. A crack developed on it, yes…but it didn’t break. I haven’t heard anything from the current owner of it about it breaking either. My newer Clip, bought in February, hasn’t developed the crack on its clip, and I use it daily.

These are not excuses for SanDisk not having them available, either…they should have them available. But I think people are getting a little too worked up over the issue.:wink:

The thing is pretty much useless for working out without the clip.  If you just sat around all day and listened to it, then I suppose it would not be a problem.

Any updates on this absurd issue?

I would very much have liked to have purchased the Clip+, but Sansa lost the sale over this issue. You listening Sansa? You lost future business over $.02 worth of plastic.

While not a real fix, if you’re noticing a hairline crack in your Clip’s clip forming, try dabbing a blob of a good plastic cement or some epoxy-like glue in the area. I noticed my clip was forming a crack where the spring is located and tried this a month ago.  So far, I haven’t seen the crack get bigger.  The blob I put on it is pretty big (size of a wooden pencil eraser) and rather thick.  I’m figuring it’s providing some mechanical stress relief in the area and also is fusing the plastic there.  Give it a shot; won’t cost anything if you have some epoxy-like glue in the house.

My clip broke after 7 months of constant use…from hugging someone…

Mine is new and I’m keeping an eye on the clip. Personally, I would (and will if need be), take a strip of fiberglass cloth (or plastic window screen), soak it in clear epoxy and carefully place over the area, wrapping underneath. Since the cip is removeable, this is fairly easy to do.

@hakume wrote:
My clip broke after 7 months of constant use…from hugging someone…

That is the most awesome way to break the CLIP.

XD

Out of a dozen CLIPs purchased as gifts and some for personal use i’ve had 4 of the clip parts fail.   I have had 2 or the clips go completely useless as the spring cracks through the plastic clip part.   1 tryed to repair one with superglue but that looks like ■■■■ after.     The other 2 clip parts are semi usable, but very wiggly (side to side)   im sure they will fail eventually.   

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see the problem with them.   Look at how much stress is placed at a pin-point location at the end of the spring.    The force is not distributed out.    And for those who don’t have the problem,  why are you even responding to this tread and talking down to others who have the issue, it makes you look like a complete donkey butt.

I hate Sansa for this one freaking issue.   Without a working clip part,  it  becomes much less CLIPABLE.    And being i gifted the other clips when other people have this problem ,   I end up exchanging them my clip part for thiers.   (I’m just too nice sometimes. )…

Sansa owes me like 3 or 4 clip parts now.  :(    Do they care?   NO…    Will they fix the design?     NO.     Why did I waist my time typing.  ><  Growls…     I think everybody likes for the clip part working…    sigh…     I’m good now…     Peace…

Out of a dozen CLIPs purchased as gifts and some for personal use i’ve had 4 of the clip parts fail.   I have had 2 or the clips go completely useless as the spring cracks through the plastic clip part.   1 tryed to repair one with superglue but that looks like ■■■■ after.     The other 2 clip parts are semi usable, but very wiggly (side to side) and lost some of the springy tension, and produced a crack in the plastic.   I’m sure they will fail eventually.   

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see the problem with them.   Look at how much stress is placed at a pin-point location at the end of the spring.    The force is not distributed out.    And for those who don’t have the problem,  why are you even responding to this tread and talking down to others who have the issue, it makes you look like a complete donkey butt.

I hate Sansa for this one freaking issue.   Without a working clip part,  it  becomes much less CLIPABLE.    And being i gifted the other clips when other people have this problem ,   I end up exchanging them my clip part for thiers.   (I’m just too nice sometimes. )…

Sansa owes me like 3 or 4 clip parts now.  :cry:    Do they care?   NO…    Will they fix the design?     NO.     Why did I waist my time typing.  ><  Growls…     I think everybody likes for the clip part working…    sigh…     I’m good now…     Peace…