$50 32GB Patriot Class 4 microSDHC card (after rebate)

@jk98 wrote:

How appropriate is it to promote a  memory card made by a brand other than Sandisk on a Sandisk message board? Are you trying to remind Sandisk that their cards aren’t always the lowest priced ones? I have seen some Sandisk class 2 cards at very low prices, however the Sandisk class 4 and faster cards usually aren’t so inexpensive.

Doesn’t matter. Nobody from Sansa sales, marketing or product development ever reads or cares what’s written here. Clearly they don’t view this board as a sales tool or source of consumer information, market research etc. This thread might as well be a tree falling in the wilderness…

(…Adding, I give my flash memory business to other companies in protest over the fact that Sansa won’t offer higher onboard memory capacities. They have literally lost hundreds of dollars I would’ve willingly spent on Sansa products if they’d simply offer higher onboard storage capacity.

Example: When the Clip+ came out I would’ve spent +/-$100 for a 16gb version and probably $150+ for a 32gb version. Instead, when it became clear higher capacity units would not be forthcoming, I spent $30 for a 2gb Clip+ and (at the time) $32 for 16bg uSD card from another company – that’s 18gb for the same price Sansa wanted for 8gb Clip+. I’ve since replaced that with the A-Data 32gb card mentioned above for $49.

While my 34gb Clip+ for $80 is a great deal, I would’ve willingly spent more money with Sansa to have that storage onboard, with the flexability to expand from there to 48 or 64gb total. Instead, the genuises at Sansa have an affirmative strategy to keep my purchases from them down to a lousy $30!

Sorry for the thread diversion, but the folly of your question deserved a longer answer.)