4gb sansa clip + does not recognize files on micro sd

Hi

I had the same problem but it is now sorted.  I have an 8GB Scandisk Clip+ with an external 32GB micro-SD card.  Initially, the player would not recognise anything at all on the card.  It kept on displaying ‘empty’ on the player.  Please do not waste time trying to make the player do this as it is no use at all for quite complex reasons.

Just download a program called Rockbox from the net, which is free source.  Next, download the firmware for your player by going to the Scandisk website.

Run the installation for Rockbox and it will at some point ask you where the firmware for the player is on your hard drive.  Show it, continue the installation and this program instantly allows the external card to be recognised.  You are also able to transfer files using a micro-SD adapter for lightning quick transfer of files from your PC to the card.  Transferring files from PC to player directly is much slower.

This solved everything for me and I have been using this for a long time now.  Believe me, I initially rawled many forums looking for an answer - this is it.  Happy listening!

MAVERIQUE