4GB Sansa Clip+ frozen, won't reset, computer doesn't recognize it

I was listening to it and it just froze. I did what I normally do when this happens and held the power button down for 15-20 seconds, but it didn’t work this time. Now my computer doesn’t even recognize it. What do I do?

Hold the power button longer.

Held it 5 minutes…nothing

Well, if it’s still on just wait for the battery to run down. While this sounds too simple to really do anything, many have reported that it indeed does work. Once the battery is completely depleted, you can plug it in and it will recharge, then operate normally.

It may not work 100% of the time, but you don’t have a lot of other options to pick from at this point. If you still have problems, you should call SanDisk Tech Support. If it’s under warranty, you may get a new one out of it.

Same thing happened to me and I just received it as a bday gift a few days ago.

There is a small pin hole on the back of it, just above the clip, I put a pin in it and it just restarted.

Hope this helps!

@laurie26 wrote:

There is a small pin hole on the back of it, just above the clip, I put a pin in it and it just restarted.

Hope this helps!

Really? I’ve never noticed this. But then, I’ve never had any problems with any of my Sansa players I couldn’t resolve through other means.

Edit: Thanks to priell217 for pointing out this little hole is NOT a hard reset button as one will sometimes find on other electronic devices, but rather the microphone opening.

@tapeworm wrote:

@laurie26 wrote:

Hope this helps!

Really? I’ve never noticed this. But then, I’ve never had any problems with any of my Sansa players I couldn’t resolve through other means.

That’s cool and very good to know, that there is a ‘hard reset’ available via a hidden ‘button’ on the back. I’m going to bookmark this post for future use.

Good find!

That hole is the microphone!

@laurie26 wrote:

Hope this helps!

Dont try that again, It might damage the microphone of the Sansa. :wink:

@priell217 wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@laurie26 wrote:

Hope this helps!

That’s cool and very good to know, that there is a ‘hard reset’ available via a hidden ‘button’ on the back. I’m going to bookmark this post for future use.

Good find!

That hole is the microphone!

Noted. Beings I’m at work (ssshhhh, don’t tell the boss) and didn’t have my Clip+ with me, I didn’t have the chance yet to check it out.

Thanks . . . removed the bookmark. :wink:

on mine I locked it …and then held down the power button… this resets the thing…

you’ve probably figured it out by now…I locked mine…then hold down the power til it resets…

Thank you very much!  I followed your advice and inserted a paper clip into the small hole just above the clip on the back, then I removed the paper clip and depressed the power button and my clip plus started up normally and at first glance it appears that none of my files were lost.  Thanks again!

Again, you don’t want to put a paperclip (or anything else) into the microphone hole! A reset through holding the player’s on button down (on the Clip+) for 20-30 seconds or more should be sufficient in and of itself.

This reminds me of the days when some novice desktop computer users thought that this

was used for this. 

:smileyvery-happy:

Broken cup holder tech support call story

I’m kinda guilty of the cupholder mistake:  the first tme I saw a Wang word processor dedicated computer many years ago, I thought that the silver-colored, built-in touchpad might be a cup warmer. 

I’ve used a Wang word processor long ago, it was a desktop style one without a touchpad.   I didn’t know they made them with touchpads.  This was a Wang laptop?

If the GUI hadn’t become more user-friendly than what I remember the Wangs’ used to be, home computers would not be so popular.

@mags1230 wrote:

I’ve used a Wang word processor long ago, it was a desktop style one without a touchpad.   I didn’t know they made them with touchpads.  This was a Wang laptop?

Wow, that name takes me back! I seem to recall an old joke having something to do with Apple and Eve being the 1st known computer expert.

Unfortunately, since this is a ‘family-friendly’ site I can’t repeat it here. :dizzy_face:

@tapeworm wrote:

Wow, that name takes me back! I seem to recall an old joke having something to do with Apple and Eve being the 1st known computer expert.

Unfortunately, since this is a ‘family-friendly’ site I can’t repeat it here. :dizzy_face:

I had to dust off alot of cobwebs in that clump of my braincells to remember that computer. lol

Something I came across that’s more family-friendly.  :wink:

Mac vs PC joke

I was on AIM with my sister one night - she’s a Machead, I’m a PC-holic.

She told me how much she liked her Mac. I told her Macs were OK, but that more programmers

wrote programs for the PC than wrote programs for the Mac.

She retorted: “Yeah, bro, but my Mac doesn’t get viruses from e-mails like your PC does!”

I triumphantly typed: “AH HA! You see, even virus writers don’t support Macs!”

@mags1230 wrote:

If the GUI hadn’t become more user-friendly than what I remember the Wangs’ used to be, home computers would not be so popular.

A significantly-sized Wang word processor dedicated desktop.  And the touchpad really did look like a coffee cup warming pad:  circular and a little larger than a nice-sized mug, silver metal in color.  I remember thinking, how thoughtful, to include a cup warmer!  The secretary did not know what to make of me …

@miikerman wrote:

A significantly-sized Wang word processor dedicated desktop.  And the touchpad really did look like a coffee cup warming pad:  circular and a little larger than a nice-sized mug, silver metal in color.  I remember thinking, how thoughtful, to include a cup warmer!  The secretary did not know what to make of me …

:wink: