4 gig clip brightness question

@mkoplow wrote:
I’d like to know if the outdoor brightness will be “acceptable” with the 4 gig or if I should just stick with the 2 gig model.  Decisions, decisions!  I know it is merely speculation at this point and $80 isn’t all that much to pony up, but any thoughts?

If we’re speculating…
I doubt this firmware update will make much of a difference. There is little difference between min brightness and max brightness in terms of usage now. And coupled with Sansafix’s “setting expectations” reply, I doubt this will be ever be acceptable.

So the next question is how often you use the clip outside, and then how often do you need the screen when using it outside. For me personally, most of the time I’m outside I’ll choose a playlist just before I leave, then set it on shuffle, and hit forward if it reaches a song I don’t like. No screen needed so far. I do sometimes add brand new songs, and would like to know what I’m listening to, as well as rating or deleting songs. It’s a bit of a bummer that I’ll have to find shade to do all these things. I’m a bit ambivalent at this point