issues with iOS app 4.8.1

I’ve been encountering significant issues with the 6 May update to v4.8.1 of the iXpand app. I only use the iXpand drive to play music, but I immediately noticed a large increase in battery drain (and how hot my devices got) when using the updated app, and I’ve also been getting sporadic crashes while files are playing, as well as some files suddenly refusing to play at all. I’m using the iXpand with an iPad Pro 9.7" running iOS 9.3.3 and an iPod Touch running 10.1.1; similar weirdnesses on both, though all problems seem to be intermittent. Normally I’d report this through the Feedback option in Settings, but though it’s still there in this version it seems to have been disabled! Anyone else reporting problems?

The 5.0.1 update seems to have fixed the major issues; I’m not now getting the battery drain and overheating (which with 4.8.1 were slashing battery life down to half an hour from a full charge), and I’ve only had one random crash in mid-track so far. And thanks for restoring the Feedback function; the new version also collects anonymised usage information, which for this app is clearly a good idea. The 4.8.1 update gave the (perhaps erroneous!) impression of having been rushed out to coincide with the update to the wireless app; this one seems much more robust, and it’s clear that a lot of work has gone into the improvements.

The battery drain and associated device overheating are back in 5.0.3, unfortunately. Playing music, whether from the stick or from a file in the app itself with the stick disconnected, will drain down to 20% from a full charge in 20 minutes or so. I really hope this can be sorted; I never had these problems before v4.8.1.