iXpand not detected after ioS 9.3.1 update

Totally lame. The iExpand Flash Drive is completely useless to me and I only find this out after having to borrow a PC to install the firmware. I know that you can’t be responsible for the OS but you should really try to be more Mac friendly. This was a total waste of my time and money. 

@velascoro wrote:

Have ios 9.3.2 and not sync!!! Please help me!!!

Thanks

What Firmware version do you have ion the iXpand? With the iXpand connected on your iOS device go to Settings > General > About and scroll to the bottom. You should see the iXpand here. Tap the iXpand and check the FW version. If it is anything prior to 4.4.7 you will need to use the PC FW upgrade tool to upgrade the FW. After you have 4.4.7 it should work with iOS 9.3.2

PC FW upgrade tool

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17496/  

The iOS 9.3.2 beta 4 is public now. For anyone experiencing this issue and you are comfortable updating to a beta you can enroll and get the iOS 9.3.2 beta 4 at the link below. You will need to sign in with your apple ID and follow the instructions to update to the beta. 

https://beta.apple.com

If anyone is becoming irritated with SanDisk about this issue, please keep in mind that it’s really not their fault. It’s Apple’s.

I have iPad/iPhone flash drives from a variety of companies, including SanDisk, Lexar, Leef, and others. All of them are affected by this iOS bug. 

I went to the Genius Bar at my local Apple Store to try to get this cleared up and they had no better solution than “Wait for iOS 9.3.2.”

2 Likes

Have iOS 9.3.2

Have FW 4.4.8

And not sync. Any suggestion?

Thank you

can you be more specific about your issue?

1 Like

I did the iOS update from 9.3.1 to 9.3.2 expecting that this will be the solution for this issue (Ixpand can´t connect to Ipad device), Also I did the update of the iXpand FW from 4.4.7 to 4.4.8 with out success.

Please i you can help me to solve this. Thank you

make sure you are using the correct app. The one you need is iXpand Sync. If you are using that app start a new thread and post some screen shots. that will help us try to find your issue. 

My IXPAND still didn’t work in 9.3.2 too.
I tried with one IPHONE 5 and one IPHONE SE.
Continues useless.

How can I solve this ?

UPDATE… IT’S WORKING NOW

I used THIS:

-iXpand Firmware Update version 4.4.7 for iOS 9.0

-Using a Windows PC:

• Download the  iXpand Update Tool for Windows PC
  • Plug the iXpand into your computer and run the tool.
  • The tool will recognize the iXpand.
  • Follow the wizard to complete the firmware update.
1 Like

I can confirm that installing iOS 9.3.2 fixed this issue on both a 12.9-Inch iPad Pro and and an iPhone 6S.

1 Like

I agree Sandisk does not have control of IOS releases, however Sandisk & distributors are selling this product without advising their customers up front their is an issue.

There is a word for that and it’s not blameless!!!

Hi all…

I bought a sandisk ixpand 32GB today by online.  Unfortunately, it’s not detected in my iphone 6s.  I am using ios version 9.3.2.  And the firmware version of my sandisk ixpand = 4.4.7.  

Anyone can help me why this device not detected?

Thank you,

Regards.

please make sure you are using the correct app iXpand Sync latest version is 1.6.10. If you are please start a new thread and provide the device info make and model from settings > general > about from your iOS device. Screen shots of the app would also be helpful. 

It’s not detected neither with 9.3.2. 

Should I return the product?

Doesn’t work neither with firmware update 4.4.7 on IOS 9.3.2

Not true. I updated to iOS 9.3.2 and my iPad still does not recognize the iXpand SanDisk. This is very frustrating.

APP VERSION 1.6.10 NOT WORKING WITH IPAD MINI

After a lot of trouble with previous versions of IOS and iXpand firmware my iXpand had been working but is now back to not working again since the app updated to 1.6.10 and IOS ver 9.3.2.

The new app starts but won’t go past the message to “plug in the iXpand”.

The only files that can be accessed is My Downloads, none of the others stored on the iXpand.

When the iXpand firmware updater is run it reports that “Firmware 4.4.7 is up to date” and there is no prompt to update to 4.4.8 as with the previous app.

Can someone please sort this problem out as it has been going on for far too long and is now even worse as files on the iXpand cannot be accessed.

If this problem can’t be fixed can Sandisk offer a free upgrade to the new version of the iXpand.

See the attached files for screen shots.

Hardware & Software details

Apple iPad

iPad Mini Model # MF432X/A

IOS Ver 9.3.2

iXpand

Model SDIX-064G BN150200043K

App Ver 1.6.10

Firmware Ver 4.4.7

I have ios 9.3.2 but still doesn’t detected, please help

please contact sandisk support. if you ahve the latest app and FW the iXPand drives may need to be replaced. 

Any update on ixpand update tools for Mac bro?