iXpand Mini does not fit USB port

I am unable to insert new iXpand Mini into the USB port on my computer…it doesn’t fit.  Anybody else have that problem?

I have not seen and other reports if similar issues. Have you tried more than one PC? similar results on both? If so try contacting sandisk support directly. they may need to replace the drive. 

1 Like

I’m having the same issue.I have a lenovo laptop. I can’t fit it into either of its usb ports.

To be clear I bought this  so I could scan to my ipad mini. 

The usb perfectly fits my pny usb hubs usb ports, and the lightning to camera ipad adapter’s usb port.

But it DOES NOT FIT my laptop pc’s usb ports nor the usb port for my Epson scanner. I wonder if the metal housing is to blame.

Hi
I have Lenovo laptop and it my SAN disk doesn’t fit into USB port . I saw others having same issue too. Can you please let me know what am I supposed to do. My 64 GB is full and now I have to transfer all to my computer but it doesn’t fit there .
Thanks

This is a pretty old post and IIRC the issue was resolved but it does require you get the drive replaced. Do you have any other computer you can use to back the data up to? this issue only applied to a small number of USB ports. most manufactures USB port does not have the issue.

Pretty old post?

I bought my iXpand from Heathrow Airport this morning & it does not fit my laptop or the office printer.

Disappointed that Sandisk has not contacted retailers & removed faulty stock.

Just a waste of my time.

Just got mine from Amazon and it does not fit any USB port.

Just looking at it and comparing to a normal USB plug you can tell the gap in the plug is not wide enough!

How many BILLION USB plugs have been made and NOW you make one that doesn’t fit?

HOW can this possibly happen? Are they hand made? If not then how could ANY of them fit?

The lightning port works. The (woefully bloated) software works. But the simplest part doesn’t fit? How hard is that to test?

What a waste of my time and I am on vacation in a couple of days.

I did find that I could jam it into a USB hub (one you don’t care about - NOT the one on your laptop) and once jammed in I could read the files. Put it in at an angle and push really hard… The “hole” part is not wide enough but will bend. You really need to push…

So I am going with this for now. When I get back from vacation it is going back to Amazon.

Maybe then I will order 10, try open and try them all and keep the one that works. Amazon can deal with all the returns and then put some heat on Sandisk. Maybe I’ll order 20. Free shipping both ways…

Has it come to the point where there is no reason to buy a trusted name brand because all this stuff is cranked out of the same “quality assurance free zone” factory overseas? Is it now the case that the name brand ONLY gets you a bigger VISA bill?

After a lot of fiddling around, I was able to fit the Xpand drive into one (only one) of my USB ports.  At first, the computer did not recognize it. After a restart, the computer recognized it.  I was able to see the photos that had been loaded on the Xpand drive from the iPhone. Unfortunatgely, when I removed the Xpand drive to add more photos, I could not get it into the USB port where it previously had been inserted, with difficulty.  Frankly, even though the drive can be made to work, it is very difficult to use.  I suspect faulty manufacture and will request a refund (or a newer version).  I hpe this helps.

1 Like

I have two of the flash drives neither of which will fit into my Dell desk top USB port nor into my HP laptop USB port.  I have no idea how I am to retrieve my photos from both flash drives.  Help needed -thanks!

@sciprof84 wrote:

After a lot of fiddling around, I was able to fit the Xpand drive into one (only one) of my USB ports.  At first, the computer did not recognize it. After a restart, the computer recognized it.  I was able to see the photos that had been loaded on the Xpand drive from the iPhone. Unfortunatgely, when I removed the Xpand drive to add more photos, I could not get it into the USB port where it previously had been inserted, with difficulty.  Frankly, even though the drive can be made to work, it is very difficult to use.  I suspect faulty manufacture and will request a refund (or a newer version).  I hpe this helps.

To be clear I bought this  so I could scan to my ipad mini. 

@hodyja wrote:

@sciprof84 wrote:

After a lot of fiddling   audacity around, I was able to fit the Xpand drive  [temp mail](temp mail)  into one (only one) of my USB ports.  At first, the computer did not recognize it. After a restart, the computer recognized it.  I was able to see the photos that had been loaded on the Xpand drive from the iPhone. Unfortunatgely, when I removed the Xpand drive to add more photos, I could not get it into the   origin USB port where it previously had been inserted, with difficulty.  Frankly, even though the drive can be made to work, it is very difficult to use.  I suspect faulty manufacture and will request a refund (or a newer version).  I hpe this helps.

I could not get it into the USB port where it previously had been inserted, with difficulty.  Frankly, even though the drive can be made to work, it is very difficult to use.  I suspect faulty manufacture and will request a refund (or a newer version).  I hpe this helps.

Hi All,

Sorry to report, but 4 years later and I’m yet another victim of the “iXpand won’t fit the USB port” disaster.

I have a Mac Pro 2009 Cheesegrater, and no matter how I position the iXpand, it simply won’t go into the USB port!

Has anyone had any communication from Sandisk explaining what’s going on here??

I’ll wait and see if anyone replies here, and then I’ll directly contact Sandisk Tech Support and ask some very blunt questions!!