Both PC and Mac Book cannot detect iXpand Flash Drive

Both my PC (Window 7) and Mac Book Pro (OS X 10.10.5) cannot detect the new iXpand Flash Drive, but it work well for my iPhone 6 plus (iOS 9.0.1).

I try all the recommendations from this support forum without sucess. I want to send back for replacement, but I cannot find a way to format the drive (not simply delete the a few thousand photos).

Please advise.

Re: Both PC and Mac Book cannot detect iXpand Flash Drive

me too !!!

Same here I've tried all day to fix it, no luck. The light on the side just constantly blinks red.

SanDisk Guru

if the iXpand is still detected by an iOS device you can use the app to delete the pictures. The app does not support formatting. if you are worried about the files being recovered after deleting you could lock them (which will encrypt the files) then the files would not be recoverable without your password. other than that contact sandisk support. They have a process for products that have sensitive data on them. 

I'm having the same problem with the Macbook Air 2015.  Last week it was working, and this weekend, after the software update, my Macbook Air won't detect the drive anymore.  Did an SMC and PRM reset and that doesn't work.  The drive can be seen on a Windows 7 machine, but only under the Storage Management util, not under the Windows Explorer.  On the Macbook Air, you can see it plugged into the one of the USB3 ports under System Info, but it doesn't showup in the Disk Utility tool.

SanDisk Guru

Contact sandisk support it sounds like the drive will need to be replaced. 

I bought the Ixpand 64gb today and after charging, put it in my MacBook USB port. It recognised the drive and I was able to transfer movie files to it. But as it needed the firmware update to make it compatible with our IOS devices - and I had already updated all of them to IOS 9 - I used a friend's PC laptop to download the firmware and install it. I was told it was installed successfully.

Now neither my Macbook Pro (running 10.10.5) or our iMac (ditto) will recognise the drive, or mount it. The drive shows as being attached in the system profile, but refuses to show in the Finder or the Disk Utility. I have spent hours looking for a solution but nothing works. 

My system log shows:

"30/09/2015 18:42:38.000 kernel[0]: USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 0123456789AB 0x781 0xcff0 0x100, 2"

when the drive is inserted. No other messages follow until I remove the device.

It works fine with my ipad now, but that's no use if I can't get my computer to see it and transfer my files to it to use with my ipas

SanDisk Guru

Contact sandisk support it sounds like the drive will need to be replaced. 

Ixpand Flash Drive bought yesterday - detected on MacAir. Also upgraded to Secure v3.  But not detecting on Iphone5 or Ipad Mini2.  Have downloaded the Ixpand Sync app on both Iphone & Ipad but no show.  Any suggestions how I can get this working?

Thank you.

SanDisk Guru

Do you have iOS9? if so you will need a firmware update. You will either need a Windows computer or an iOS 8 device to update it. see below

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17496/