iXpand not detected after ioS 9.3.1 update

We have received reports from some customers that the iXpand Sync/iXpand Drive App is not detecting the iXpand Flash Drive when plugged into an iPhone or iPad. After troubleshooting this issue, our internal testing shows that the issue is a result of a bug in iOS 9.3.1 and that the issue does not occur in devices running iOS 9.3.2 beta or earlier versions of iOS. As an iOS app developer, we have reported the issue and we expect the official release of iOS 9.3.2 to resolve the issue fully. We thank you for your patience and please contact SanDisk Customer Care with any questions.

Update 5/16/15 

Apple has officially released iOS 9.3.2. To resolve this issue please use the standard iOS update process and update your iOS device to iOS 9.2.3

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

5 Likes

The iOS 9.3.2 beta 4 is public now. For anyone experiencing this issue and you are comfortable updating to a beta you can enroll and get the iOS 9.3.2 beta 4 at the link below. You will need to sign in with your apple ID and follow the instructions to update to the beta. 

https://beta.apple.com

1 Like

If anyone is becoming irritated with SanDisk about this issue, please remember that it’s really not their fault. It’s Apple’s. 

I have iPad/iPhone flash drives from a variety of companies, including SanDisk, Lexar, Leef, and others. All of them are affected by this iOS bug. None of them work.

When I went to the Genius Bar at my local Apple Store to try to get this cleared up, they had no better solution than “Wait for iOS 9.3.2.”

5 Likes

Just updated iPhone 6 to iOS 9.3.2, same problem as before!!!

3 Likes

Make sure you have the correct app. 

If you have the iXpand USB 3.0 (this one) the app you need is called iXpand Drive. Latest version is 3.1.0

If you have the original iXpand (this one) The app you will need is iXpand Sync latest version 1.6.9. If this is the first time you are using it you may also need a FW update which can be done using a PC with the following FW update tool. http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17496/

If you are using the correct app and have the correct FW (for the original iXpand) start a new thread and post some screen shots so we can look into what may be causing the issue in your environment. 

1 Like

Help!  I have ios 9.3.2 on my iPhone 5S and it doesn’t detect the ixpand.  When I click the firmware update tool link on the SanDisk website on my laptop (wth the ixpand plugged into a USB port and fully detected on my laptop) it says “xpand drive not detected”.   Ugh!

1 Like

the FW update tool on the sandisk site is for the iXpand USB 2.0 product. It has a picture of the product in the tool. This is not for the iXpand USB 3.0 product. If you ahve iXpand USB 3.0 SDIX30-XXX there is no FW tool for the product. 

There are also two apps. iXpand Sync is used with the iXpand USB 2.0 and iXpand drive is for the iXpand USB 3.0. Make sure you are using the correct app and if so start another thread so we can get more info and troubleshoot. 

1 Like

I have latest iOs 9.3.2 and iXpand still not deteced. Very much annoyed :frowning:

Kidnly help to solve this issue.

3 Likes

I have latest iOs 9.3.2 and iXpand still not deteced. Very much annoyed :frowning:

Kidnly help to solve this issue.

2 Likes

if you have the iXpand USB 2.0 drive make sure you have the iOS 9 FW update. 

if you have the iXpand USB 3.0 make sure you are using the correct app iXpand Drive. 

If you have confirmed both please start a new thread and provide screen shots and all your iOS device information i.e. make, model found inside settings > general > about of you iOS device so we can try to find what may be causing the issue you are facing. 

1 Like

iOS 9.3.2

App 1.6.10

FW 4.4.8

Still not working :angry:

should i give it for replacement??

@hasnatqadri wrote:

iOS 9.3.2

App 1.6.10

FW 4.4.8

Still not working :angry:

should i give it for replacement??

yes you have the latest app and FW. if it is not detected under iOS 9.3.2 please contact sandisk support for a replacement. 

Also you ahve the iXpand USB 2.0 drive. For future questions please post in the iXpand USB 2 board. 

Just bougth the iXpand 3.0 have the correct APP 3.1.3 and have the iOS 9.3.2 not working… Only bought it to use it on the summer holiday, so its kind of wasted… Any way to make it work?

Welcome to the club. Just bought mine yesterday and loaded a bunch of pics and now today my phone nor iPad no longer recognize my ixpand and yes I have latest software update!

I’m runnning recently updated  9.3.3…  Back to the drawing board…  the  drive is recognised by the PC but  the  update program tells me it’s not there.“iXpand drive not detected, please plug in the drive to your usb”

there are two different versions of the iXpand drive and FW update tool. Make sure you are using the correct tool for the product you have. If the drive is still not detected contact sandisk support for a warranty claim. 

iXpand USB 3.0 update tool

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19654/ 

iXpand USB 2.0 update tool

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17496/

My iPhone 5s is running on OS 9.3.5 and the phone will not recognize my iXpand 128G drive. I’ve reinstalled the firmware and reloaded the Sandisk app from the App Store. Nothing works. Lenghty communication with the Sandisk help desk has produced no resolution.

Any ideas out there?

this is the iXpand USB 3.0 board. Do you have an iXpand UBS 2 or iXpand USB 3? 

iXpand USB 3.0

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18644/ 

iXpand USB 2.0
http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16286/

If you have the 2.0 and you are running FW 4.4.9 (the latest release) it should work with iOS 9.3.5. Was the drive working priviously? Does it work on other iOS devices?

If it worked previously and if it is not working on other iOS devices it seems like it may be defective and would need to be replaced. If that is the case contact sandisk support and ask about warranty replacement. 

It does not work with ioS 10

it does work with iOS 10. 

There is a kb on the sandisk support site that says after upgrading to iOS10 the drive may not be recognized. power cycling the phone should resolve the issue. 

try power cycling your phone and see if the iXpand will then be detected.